cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preqs getting created within Stock Transfer Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

In our SNP planning books, all of suddent we see Preqs getting creatred in the Distribution Receipt (Planned) Key figure) within the stock transfer horizon (7 days), the view is a daily view. FYI, we are using heuristics and alsoin SNP tab, the fix stock transfer setting is NOT checked. Funny thing is, when I run location heuristics interactively, even then it creates Preqs within the 7 days.

Is there any other program or setting that could create these Preqs within the Stock trsnfr Horizon? We dont want Preqs to be created within 7 days.

Thanks

Tej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,       Based on your explanation I am visualizing following scenario. Someone might have ran SNP heurisitc without stk transfer horizon. System has created planned distribution reciepts. Afterwards they have been firmed. Later you might have set the Stk transfer horizon and ran SNP heurisitc again. As you explained you see them within stk transfer horizon and don't get deleted. This is my guess    Thanks Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think that happened, based on the test i did as follows-

- Deleted the  Preqs created in the planning book

- Saved the data so that nothing is there in the horizon

- Launched Planning book againa ran location heuristic myself

- Result is  a new Preq gets generated within the horizon

I am not sure what settings- whether PPDS related or SNP related is causing this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tej,

Did you check the planning start date in your SNP planning data view? Usually the system picks either the current system date OR the planning start date indicated in the dataview for Horizons. Lets say today is 27-04-2012 and planning start date in dataview is 29-04-2012 (ignoring weekend complexities).. Then system considerd 29-04-2012 as start date and 7 days of STR horizon will end on 05-04-2012 which might fall within your STR horizon.

I haven't got this issue, but one of my collegue had a similar issue and when he aligned the planning start date with system date (removing offsets) everything seems to work properly.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

- The planning start date is blank, so its using the systems date.

- Using  GT_IO i can confirm that its AG

- We are on SCM 7.0 and EHP4

I will respond to your other Qs soon.

Thanks again for your response.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

I hope you maintained the stock transfer horizon in the "target" location.

If yes, and still the stock transfer horizon is not respected in your SNP Heursitics run, I would recommend to contact SAP through an OSS message.

PS: Are these products components or finished goods? If they are components and part of a BOM, then check if for the finished product, in PPDS tab of finished product, PP Planning procedure is maintained as '3' ('cover dependent requirements immediately'). With PP planning procedure as 3 for the finished product, dependent requirements for finished product i.e. the components would get planned immediately.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

The missing piece of info -

The setting - 'Consider Stock Transfer Horizon of Source Location' has not been activated in MVM. We still have this issue, we are manually deleting the Preqs everyday after they have been generated within the horizon.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan,

Yes we did maintain the stck trsnfer Horizon at target loc. Still its creating the Preqs. Its a finished product. It was a good pointer though..

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tej,

I could find the following SAP notes related to your issue. Please check them and let me know whether they are implemented in your system.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1045636

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1521556

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1231360

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1601536  - considers the time zone effects

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1649238

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1638031 - Source of Supply validity period (may not be applicable for your issue).

Thanks,

Rajeshh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Has this issue been solved already? Could anybody tell me what has been the cause on this issue? I am encountering the same right now and can't find any helpful posts.

Thanks so much for you kindness!

Regards,
Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still an issue.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure the stock transfers were created by SNP. Could some user have gone in and manually created those reqs ?

Thats the only possibility i can think of . Because even if you had run heuristics and created the stock transfer before setting the stock transfer horizon, the subsequent heuristic run(after setting the horizon) would have got rid of the unfixed reqs within that period .

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aparna,

Thanks for responding, I think so, since they are getting created after our daily planning runs and also got created when i ran heuristics interactivly in SNP Planning book. There are number of them, so user many not have created so many.

Just saw more details from product view that the status for some of the Preqs shows as PP fixed, but again some are not PP fixed. I read sap help , but did not quite get as to how this setting is getting checked automatically.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I am trying to see your message/post to asnwer your questions, but i cannot find it anywhere now, this interface. Anyways, yes this is for other products too, and its not a IDES system, its a production system. Not sure if i answered all your questions since i cannot see your post anymore.

Thanks

Tej

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tej,

Thanks for the info. I deleted my earlier post while editing it by mistake. Meanwhile, you posted another message providing all the details, I was looking for initially.

1. Your issue is not SKU specific

2. PR are created within stock horizon for both interactive and background execution

Let me repeat the first question of my previous post.

• Is it the first time, you found this issue in your system?

In addition to this question, few more

• Have you verified the category of PR that is created within the horizon and out of horizon? Is there any difference?
  • From the order creation time stamp of PR(within horizon and those created during off peak hours), can you get any valuable information such as what job were executed in background that can impact the selected location product?
    • This can reveal whether any PP/DS runs scheduled in your APO system
  • Is the PR transferable to ECC?
    • Are you also transferring any PRs from ECC?

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Yes this is the first time, we are seeing this .

- The category is NOT shown in the cell details as (AG) or anywherelse, but its Purchase requisition in the product view for both the Preqs created within and outside of horizon.

- I could not see the time stamp for sure, but all the Purchase reqs have avail time/Req time, Cont Schedule time at 18.00 both within and outside the horizon, these times are different from other cat groups like sales order have 00.00

- No, these Preqs are not transfered to R3

Hope this helps

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In product view (/SAPAPO/RRP3), type GT_IO in the command field to view the categories. But, that's ok. Let me go over your post once again.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing details patiently.

Few more questions:

• What is the release and package level of your production system?
  • Is your active planning version considers SNP stock transfer horizon of source ?
    • Pl check t.code /SAPAPO/MVM and SNP section
    • Source location has a different stock horizon and it's reflected in the planning (valid only if vendor also modeled in the system).
  • Can you update the stock transfer horizon and rerun the heuristics?
    • You need to come out of planning book, update the location product master, and then use the planning book to run heuristics. Please select only one location product (with single source, if valid).