cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM AUTOMATIC or Manual port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm primarily PI consultant. In our current project, i'm working on MDM-PI-WMB scenario.

I want to learn MDM. Now i have learnt how to syndicate records using MDM data manager.

I know how to syndicate records using MDM syndicator.

Now i want to know how do i know that the port is manual or automatic.

i know that if port is made manual then the records have to be syndicated using MDM syndicator

otherwise records get syndicated once you make any changes in MDM data manager (if the port is automatic).

I have searched in scn and sap technical, i din't find the correct or specific answer.

I'm new to MDM, please help me on this so that i know that where is this that we can make the port manual or automatic.

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amarnath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

It is a good combination of skills that you are pursuing,MDM-PI skill set is really good.

Coming back to your question,Syndicator is has syndication maps where you define mapping and configurations.This is much like message mapping in PI,only that PI allows lot more conversions and other functionalities.In syndication maps you have map properties which define this behavior that on change/update of data the record will be syndicated.i.e. Supress Unchanged record - SET

So a map with this setting will send only records which have been updated since last syndication.

MDM Console allows you to view/change/create Port and it is here you can see if port is automatic or manual.

I think your approach to learn MDM is more Bottom up rather than holistic.

I would request you to start from Why MDM,then components and functionalities which can cover HOW part and then to integration ascpects.

One place to get all the content on MDM :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/SAP+Master+Data+Management

Very short and crisp document on overview :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27357

Once you get a picture of it,please go through the MDM reference guides for better grip over the subject.

Thanks,

Ravi