cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Kernel Upgrade on Solman 7.1 sap won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I did a kernel upgrade from 720- patch 114 to 720 patch 201 using JSPM. Everything was fine earlier. I am on RH Linux X86_64 and Oracle 11.2

SAP wont start with new kernel. No error during sap startup. When I do a disp+work -version I get the following message:

disp+work -version

disp+work: /lib64/libuuid.so.1: no version information available (required by disp+work)

disp+work: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by disp+work)

disp+work: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.3' not found (required by /usr/sap/SMQ/SYS/exe/run/dw_gui.so)

I did install uuidd and restarted it

#chkconfig uuidd off and on

#service uuidd stop and start

Also ran saproot.sh SID

I took a backup of exe directory in /sapmnt/SID and when I restore this old exe SAP starts perfect. Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bobby,

I have never performed a kernel upgrade using JSPM, I have always used the method below:

1) Download the relevanent SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB files for your system

2) Extract the SAR files to a directory

3) Copy the existing kernel directory (/sapmnt/<SID>/exe) to exe_old (Creates your backup)

4) Copy the new kernel files to /sapmnt/<SID>/exe

5) Run saproot.sh <SID>

6) Start the system

I would suggest giving this method a try to see if you experience the same problem. If you do experience an issue you will be able to use the exe_old directory to restore your old kernel.

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the issue is that /sapmnt/SID/exe is not the only place where there are kernels. Its also is /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe, then igs kernels as well as for the SCS instance..JSPM is recommended so that it gets changed everywhere. But you can ofcourse do them manually too.

My problem was the SAPEXEDB**.SAR that I downloaded from marketplace did not have the actual data in it. I got a different kernel and it works now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bobby,

Once the kernel is placed in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe the sapcpe process will copy it to the required instance directories as part of the startup procedure.

Glad to here the issue is sorted now.

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add when I do startsap the disp+work processes are not coming up. JSPM is on hold saying Error during deployment