cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I had just created a Alert, the alert is all about sending a mail to mail ID when ever the message fails due to mapping failure.

The problem is when i tested it i got a mail, but it keeps on repeating. I mean I have been receiving same mail with an interval of five minutes. I only wnat it once when any error occurs in PI.

can any one please help me about how to get mail only once if any error occures.

Regards

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in your XI system, if RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES job is scheduled to run in SM37 for every 5 min? if yes, then unschedule this job to stop the automatic restart of an error msg in SXMB_MONI.

also in RWB - alert configuration - uncheck the option of generate multiple alerts for error option for your alert rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

Thanks for your help but when i tried to execute the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES job it saying no jobs match the selection criteria. Any ways whats the procedure to unschedule the job

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls check with your basis team if they have scheduled this job and then ask them to unschedule it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SAP help (the dark side of this option):

If the Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule checkbox is selected (default setting), then no further alerts are generated once the rule has been met until the first alert has been confirmed

So in addition to what Rajeev has suggested, make sure u always confirm(complete) the alert otherwise the new alerts wont be triggered for the same rule

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Message was edited by: Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I have checked supress multiple alerts of this rule checkbox, but i am still getting messages to my mail id for every five minutes.

Regards

Sridhar