cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove duplicate server entries in System Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, in our SSM 4.0 system landscape (SMSY), there are duplicate server entries (one in lowercase, the other in uppercase). How do you remove the duplicate entries, as whenever you try to delete, say, the uppercase server entry, the system tells you that it is being used in a solution etc? Thus, even though the server entries are in different cases, it still views them as the same server entry, and you cannot delete one or the other.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardt,

there es a report YKDELHOSTS to delete the duplicates: it is in the correction instruction of note 677494. However you can't implement the correction instruction automatically with SNOTE because it is attributed for 3.1 only. I will ask the author to add a correction instruction valid for 3.2 and 4.0 to the note.

Regards

Andreas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note still only applies to 3.10, but I can do the entries manually.

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bernardt,

In smsy there is an icon "Where is used".

I suppose you speak about a server that has been created in lowercase and again in uppercase. Until you don´t "clean" logical component, project, solution you are not going to be able to delete the entry.

At least usually I follow this path. I don´t think there is a most "automatic" way, but who knows

Best regards,

Dolores