cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCO 2.2 - Matrikon OPC-HDA start agent interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

does anybody use OPC-HDA as source system?

I want to use a Matrikon OPC Desktop Historien Version 4.4.3.0.

When I start the Agent instance she goes into a foulty state and I got the following errors in the log. 

Host                            

failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy     

The notification scenario is not supported by the data source

[The method or operation is not implemented..]

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) 

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.IPCoAgentControl.Start()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.ConnectivityAgentProxy.Start()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WcfHost.Start()

ServiceFaultManager    

Manufacturing Fault: REASON = 

[The notification scenario is not supported by the data source

[The method or operation is not implemented.]; SEVERITY = Fatal

OpcHdaAgent              

Error in establishing subscriptions    

The notification scenario is not supported by the data source

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.Hda.OpcHdaAgent.EstablishSubscriptions()
  at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.Hda.OpcHdaAgent.EstablishConnection()
  at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.AgentBase.Start()

It looks like that the Matrikon OPC-HDA does not provide some functions used by PCO.

Did anybody use OPC-HDA as data sources at PCO?

What kind of OPC-HDA do you use in combination with PCO?

Can you give me some product names?

Best regards,

Bojan

Message was edited by: Bojan Avramovic-Schaidreiter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bojan,

Did you add any tags to the Agent Instance Subscription Items tab? If so, you will need to remove them.  

Check and confirm that the Matrikon HDA product supports the OPCHDA_DataCallback interface

(this interface is optional in the OPC Historical Data Access Specifrication Version 1.20).  It it is not supported then you can only use the Query interface of the server (cannot define Subscription Items). If it is supported then you will need to log a ticket on this error.

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thank you a lot for you help.

I can now sart the agent instance.

The communication between the SAP NW (Transaction: SM59 and SMGW) and PCO looks fine.

When I run the SAP test program "RPCO_BS_INT_TEST" I can select the tags but I got an error.

The log of the agent insatnce contains the same error message.

I checked the OPC-HDA with the Matrikon OPC-HDA Explorer and there is data available.

Do you Have any idea why the PCO can't read the data?

Bojan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bojan,

can you stop the agen instance, change the Log level to Verbose, clear the log, and start the agent and test the query again?  Not obvious why you get a Critical log entry for non-retrieval of tags.

Can you query a tag from the OPC DA agent instance?

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

the OPC-DA works fine. I receave the data.

The OPC-HDA did not deliver any data.

Here is the protocol. The critical message is marked.

Did I have here a DCOM problem?

Bojan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bojan,

Nothing obvious from the log.  If HDA Server and PCo are running on the same OS instance then DCOM is not an issue, and the fact that OPC-DA works indicates no issue with connectivity.

I do not have HDA installed and cannot try to duplicate this issue.  Unless someone else can offer a resolution, I think you will have to log a ticket on this problem.

- Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.