cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing of Handling Units to WM Managed Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our HU location is Warehouse Managed. Now when we pack the Materials in HU02 Transaction, Transfer posting is taking place in Inventory Management from Non HU location to HU location. However as HU location is being Warehouse Managed the stock is coming and sitting in Interim Storage Type 921. This is not creating any Transfer Requirement / Transfer Order for placing the stock in Warehouse. I checked the IM-WM Movement type config table, the TR requirement is active. But still TR is not being created.

Can you please suggest how the stock placement in WM is handled in such cases?

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Surya,

do you enter a storage type and a storage location in "General header data" tab in HU02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you All, I will test the options.

Hi Manuel, In HU02 'General Header data'  I am not specifying the storage type. If I specify it is giving error that 'Storage Type 035 must not be posted to directly'

In general for this scenario what should be used in the following fields

Physical Status : A / B / C

Storage Location : Planning to  move from NOHU to HUSL. So which one should be specified

Storage Type : 035 is the expected destination. But throwing error if I maintain

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Surya, for first time placement of stock to a HU managed storage location we do the customizing like that, that we create the HU in the Good receipt area 902 and from there we transfer it to the right storage location. therefore you need to go to the Handling Unit Manangement Customizing, go to your warehouse number and double click on the Movement type 312, there you should enter for example 902 GR-AREA.

and from there you can create a Transfer Order to the storage type and location you want it to be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Manuel

Yes the HUs are currently coming to Interim Storage Area.

By this it is sounding to me that the Transfer Order to Place HUs from the Interim Storage type to the destination storage is only Manual and we can't trigger thru Automatic means by customizing? Right.

Because the Material Document that is created in IM for this stock placement is not creating any TR in spite of Configuration is in Place in IM-WM Movement type mapping table.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  The process we have is moving a handling unit from one storage location to another storage location (IM to WM).  When we move the handling unit to the WM storage location, it moves the stock into the interim 921 transfer area.  When running tests, if the WM storage location is a HU-required storage location, a TR is not generated regardless of configuration.  However, if I move the HU into a storage location that is WM managed and not HU required, a TR is generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be possible to create a TO automatically, because you can set it up in the movement type customizing. And there is no need of creating an TR first. Just try to set it up in the customizing and make a test to be sure. I think you will find out the settings you want by playing around with the settings of the movement type. Ok, maybe you also need to set up the automatic packing for the HU.

Ok, nice weekend,

Manuel

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

In addition to the point mentioned by Manuel Sydow. it is possible to creata a TO automatically you need the ensure the setting are in place. Hope the below mentioned path will help you to understnad the flow to customize the AUTO TO creation

1)

SPRO---Logistic execution --- Warehouse management ----- Interface --Inventory management ---Activate Automatic TO creation

check the value defined for the immediate TO creation against the movement type

2)

Once the above setting is in place then goto

SPRO---Logistic execution --- Warehouse management ----- Activities --Set up Auto TO creation for TR / PCN

Check the setting defined for automatic TO creation

3)

One both the above setting are in place then goto

SPRO---Logistic execution --- Warehouse management ----- Activities --Define Movement type

check the setting defined for background processing

hope this will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the customizing path to the movement types

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IF the HU is warehouse managed to unpack the material you need to move the stock first storage type RP1 and location Repack loction then tou can go ahead for unpacking or packing the material.

For youyr case can you move the handling unit to required location either LT10 or LT09 transaction from storage type 921 to destination storage type.It should allow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sridhar

The Business Case I explained is for first time placement of stock to WM location. The Non HU Location is just Inventory Managed. We are packing the stock in HU02 with destination location as HU & WM Manged

We can created TO in LT10, but I am expecting an automatic trigger of TO without any need of Manual intervention. Is this not possible in Standard SAP Config?

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If see configuration in

SPRO-->Logistics - General-->Handling Unit Management-->Warehouse Management-->Define Movement Types

Here you need to for 311 movement you need to select auto TO and confirm immediatly for your warehouse.It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this option too, but it is not resulting in creation of Transfer Requirement / Transfer Order.

Also, one thing to note is in the WM Movement type 311, the Interim Storage Type & Bin are specified in Destination  Storage Type & Bin. In general, if we expect further put away to take place, then interim storage type 922 should be in the Source Storage type right?

Is this Config working in your system?

Thank you,

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have worked HU WM managed system one year back.Ridht now i do not have that system details.I guess this is the configuration point to change any thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the Stock transfer movement is maintained for 311 movement at below location.

LE->WM->Interfaces->Inventory Management->Define Movement Types->Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types.

For 311 movement type, 312 should be assigned as the stock transfer movement.

Regards

Sumanth