cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN - Problems to generate specific Automotive 8D report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue generating specific automotive 8D report as described in SAP documentation: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/46/6e24f13d1d468de10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm   .I have no trouble in generating standard 8D report but it does not fit custom requirements for client, plus the order of the issues is changed.

What I have tried:

- All steps described in SAP documentations (including creating partner roles, catalog codes, and defininf functions in the action box, etc...)

- Defined shop paper 8D_V for application area N and assign form QM_QN8D_REP_AUTO

Issues:

- When trying to generate report in the action box. System would not find QM_QN8D_REP_AUTO form

Hope anyone could throw some light over this issue.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hector,

So basically; is it the issue that you're getting wrong output or you are not getting output at all ??

If issue is that you are not getting output at all then I believe, issue could be that no Items are recorded in QN. Bcoz as per my understanding, you need to first record details in tab-Items, in quality notification and based on it only system can generate 8D Report.

Hope this will help. Revert if any further concern.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Sorry if I haven't quite well described my issue. The Trouble comes when the system is unable to generate QM_QN8D_REP_AUTO form, so basically I am not getting output at all.

The requirement is to generate 8D international accepted report with the 8 Disciplines in the correct order:

1- Define a team

2- Describe the problem

3- Contention measures

4- Root causes for the problem

5- Corrective measures

6- Validation of corrective measures effectiveness

7- Preventive measures

8- Lessons learned /team congrats

And for what my reasearch has conclude is that there are two kind of 8D reports in SAP:

- QM_8D_REPORT_SND

- QM_QN8D_REP_AUTO

The second one is more suitable for Automotive companies reporting which is the requirement for my issue.

As for your question, I have populated the fields in the notification window correctly (at least I think they are) and in the correct task order for its visualization.

Trying to generate the second type of report will fail and an error message will appear saying that there is no such report in the system...

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

I am not so sure which notification type you are using. As I execute it with Q1 notification type (as per standard SAP settings) system is generating 8D report. Kindly verify all your customization settings as per standard notification type which has not been modified.

One more interesting fact is, in order to populate 5 i.e. Corrective tasks, under task tab in notification enter serial number as 5. If you have more than 1 corrective task then go on adding but with 5 as serial number only.

With 6 as serial number you get point number 6 in 8D report.

The 8 points you have mentioned - SAP does not provide the same terminology in standard 8D.

Finally I can suggest you better to debug the program with good ABAPer and get smart form designed as per client's need.

You may develop this logic in a function module, which you can later assign in action box menu in customization.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can explore the function modules defined in the follwoing thread :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1429678