cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating and Non validating actions in ABAP Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a web dynpro which have two views. In the first view I have an input field(Date) and a button. When user enters input field and click on button then it goes to next view by triggering the outbound plug in action handler of first view. But if user enters invalid input in date field then a standard error message comes and it won't trigger action handler method. This can be achieved if action can be made as a non validating action i.e trigger in case of error as well. Could you please let us know how do we make an action as non validating action and where do we need to code this?

Regards,

Yellappa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yellappa,

you mean to say, after entering manual date? or any character type data into input field? any how if you enter except numerics auto system validation is there.

and for Date validation you should handle. once check the method WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION of Comp_controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have got the solution. I need to make code change to WDDOBEFOREACTION of the view where I can get the action and call set method of interface IF_WD_ACTION to set parameter IS_VALIDATING to false.

Regards,

Yellappa.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yellappa,

I think you'll get what you are looking for in the below thread :-

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1959345

Regards,

Majaz

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Place the validation action on the event of the button click (before the fire to plug). Can you please tell me what exactly that you are going to display in the second view ?