Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find which DCs use an RFC or Public part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using NWDS 7.0.

We have a single "model DC" holding three models exported in three different public parts and those public parts are used in several other DCs.

Now I need to replace one RFC in one of the models and I was wondering which DCs are using the public part containing that RFC.

Is there a way to quickly check (without manually expanding every DC Metadata\DC Definition\Used DC\ subtrees) which DCs use a specific public part?

Is there a sort-of "Where Used?" function for RFCs in NWDS like the "Where Used?" function in ABAP?

Thank you.

Pietro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro

There is no such feature in NWDS, but you can use simple file search in Eclipse. Just run File Search in Eclipse for .dcdef files like on my screen below:

You will get list of DC-definition files that refer to your PP.

Regards, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei,

that's a nice trick but, if I'm not mistaken, like Gareth's method, it requires the download of all the development track's DCs to work. Could there be a method to check that without having to download all of the track's source code?

Thank you,

Pietro

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, for the method DCs must be synched in Eclipse as projects.

Honestly, I have no idea how to check dependencies without sources.

Regards, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

I don't think you'll be able to manage this without syncing out all of the source code I'm afraid.  If you do find a way please let us know!

Gareth.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

To see all the DCs that use a particular DC, go to the Component Build Service (http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI).

Next, select your buildspace, select the SC followed by the DC. Click on the "Using" Dc tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

I'm not aware of a where-used list for this unfortunately, however one thing you could do is remove the public part holding the RFC Model you want to change, rebuild your workspace and see which DC's are broken.  It's not particularly elegant but should get the job done!

Gareth.