cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online risk analysis does not work in 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything else seems to be working quite smoothly but... When I create a new role to my development environment and I try to simulate risks it (in Access risk analysis-> Role level) immediately in AC it does not work.

If I sync role data to Access control repository with GRAC_ROLEPREP_ROLE_SYNC after I create a new role then simulation is working as expected.

So, shouldn't online analysis check the role content in system where role is developed or should I always sync the role data to GRC and do it against offline data?

I am clearly missing some step in configuration which prevents me to do online sync

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For offline/online risk analysis set parameter 1027. For online set this to NO.

When ever you create a new role you need to run the program (GRAC_ROLEPREP_ROLE_SYNC) once. Other wise the system will say no role exist. Once the sync is done and role definition exist. You can make changes to the role and do the risk analysis online immediately.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference then with the online and offline analysis if I need to sync data to AC repository before able to do risk analysis? Isn't the data in AC concidered as offline data after sync?

Parameter defines only default value for following checkbox: "On the Risk Analysis screen the Offline Data checkbox is automatically selected."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

To select the role for Risk analysis, role definitions should exist in the GRC system. For this to happen you need to run the job. The job doesnt take much time when run in incremental mode.

For offline data you need to run the batch risk analysis job, which does the risk analysis keep the data ready in GRC system. Which is a verygood feature on production systems, as the business can get the SOD reports instantly. When you need realtime result, you can always run online analysis.

Coming to the difference. As I said it does make the difference with response time, immediate availability and also performance. Also we dont create new roles directly in Production frequently. Best approach is to create them in dev, test(online analysis) and move to Prod.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was that when new role is created in the ECC development the risk analysis cannot be performed immediately after in the GRC.

We could not find the role (with search function in Role analysis) in GRC naturally as the BG jobs were not performed. We then realized that if we just input the role name to the role dialog box and run the analysis it will work and searches the role data online from the ecc dev.

So you can not search role but you are still able to do analysis. Hope you understood Anyway it is now solved

Thanks!