Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concept of ' ' Authorization value

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do we mean by ' ' value in authorizations, i have a auth. field , where i have maintained all the possible values for that field , but the end user SU53 shows ' ' missing , can someone please explain the concept of ' ' value.

As per my understanding, by maintaining all the values i am restricting the end user to enter one of these values only, but in case the end user does not enter any value there , then error comes. Am i on the right track ?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I didn't get it completelt but I would suggest you to add a blank character where is mentioned in su53 feedback

let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/399550

The above thread explains the DUMMY value in SU53.

Also this has been discussed many times in the forum. You can search with word DUMMY

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member

Hi,

Ideally, authorization check on any authorization field coded as 'DUMMY' in the ABAP program should be passed with any or no value for the field in user's authorization.

However, I have seen few cases in the past when developer used a wrong syntax in the ABAP code and authorization field was coded to check for ' ' instead of DUMMY which made SAP to specifically check for ' ' value in user's authorization. Hence the very purpose of DUMMY check was defeated  I would check the ABAP source code with the help of a developer in your case.

Thanks,

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I would suggest that if it is giving the ' ' value in SU53 then sometimes it may be the possibilities that SU53 is not correct. The best approach would be in that case you can run the trace on user's authorisation when user is running that T-code.

In trace analysis you will find what is missing for him and then you can add that value in user's profile through any suitable  role.

Thanks,

Varun Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash Garg,

you are commenting on a specific issue or genaralized concept of DUMMY. if it is specific please mention which Auth Obj you are referring to.

Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.