cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain fails at save hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Process chain to load the hierarchy is getting failed which runs weekly.

Few months before it was running perfectly fine but once it was migrated to a new box it started giving problem. Every week it fails at the same point i.e. at Save Hierarchy.

Below is the error which I got every time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subseq. processing (messages): Errors Occurred

Start update of master data hierarchy

End   update of master data hierarchy 

Table /BI0/ICOORDER locked; cannot save hierarchy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process Chains: Errors occurred

0COORDER HIERARCHY LOADS "ABCD"

What is more surprising, when it is triggered by some tool it gets fail but when i run it manually it process it  successfully. I had also changed the scheduling time but didn't got any success.

Experts, Please help me.

Thanks in advance!!!

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

check following thread and all suggestions

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2051713

check RSRV and a,lso check if any object is locked?check if any data load is still going on in SM37

Check RSMO for 0COORDER fopr all datasources for longer 3-4 month selection and see the last load..

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As suggested by every one to use interrupt, I am having some questions before using it.

I have attached my existing process chain image with this file. If you see the image there are four infopackages getting triggered at the same time and with always link.

Please see the image once and guide me whether I need to change anything else in the process chain before implementing the interrupt.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before using the interrupt process have you checked if its working if u set up the debug loop of some 5 mins.

Right click on your AND process in Process chain -- select debug loop --set it as 3000 Secs and activate & schedule it back and check if it works or not.

If you want to use the interrupt process use it in b/n AND and your Save hierarchy process.

Regards

KP    

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

All the infopackages are connected through Success/failure. There is a chance that when Extraction/further processing of Infopackage is still in progress locking the tables when the Save hierarchy step in PC is running. Hence check that no Infopackage process in running while Save hierarchy is running

Regards
Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Infopackages are connected through "always" link.

Is there anyways through which we can check whether any infopackage is running at background while the "Save Hierarchy" is triggered.

While lot of Experts has suggested to implement Interrupt.

Just a thought, If I change the link from "always" to "successful" will it help ?

Thanks,

Manish

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

If you find any Infopackage failed ang trigger passed to next step being the connector ALWAYS, you can give a try changing the link to SUCCESSFUL

While Save hierarchy is running, call T/A SM66 and check if any processes are running. In the table field, check if you can find any table related to 0COORDER.

Regards
Chandu

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first if u turn it successful then process chain will not move forward without that load it will stop at that point.. but you need to be really sure that next loads are dependent on this hierarchy load successful..

try to check the log in SM66 or SLG1 for this process..

study the process log in SM37 and check ST22 dump..

try manually running the pacakge and debug and see where it throws dump..is there anything which is inactive and u need to activate it?

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As suggested by you all, I have implemented the Interrupt with debug loop for 900 secs but even then it got failed.

Below is the list from the job log.

Hierarchy AMO2008 successfully saved for basic characteristic 0COORDER
Hierarchy , loaded with request REQU_4PUAVXXGUJC4BLMQSXR0P1QE1, cannot be activated
Hierarchy ASIAN successfully saved for basic characteristic 0COORDER
Hierarchy , loaded with request REQU_4PU62T8UUJS31KH0E0OZA9DY1, cannot be activated
Hierarchy CORPRETAIL successfully saved for basic characteristic 0COORDER
Hierarchy , loaded with request REQU_4PU6JJLU7YIO2RW33DWFFC2XL, cannot be activated
Hierarchy ENTER8615 successfully saved for basic characteristic 0COORDER
Hierarchy , loaded with request REQU_4PU6JQ7YJR7N46N049X030Z4P, cannot be activated

When process chain was running, I was checking the locked objects. Below is the objects which were locked not sure if it is really related. Once process started showing and again I checked the locked objects I couldn't find any there in the list.

UserNameTimeLockModeTableNameLockArgumentCumulative CounterUse Count
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSHIEDIR4C95R1CYNX65JPQNV783XML3W#11
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSHIEDIR4C95R4RV3ATHTQDUGK9KEI0KC#11
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSHIEDIR4C95R86RIOGU3R111XB0VDG0S#11
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSHIEDIR4C95RBLNY246DRO7NACHC8VH8#11
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSHIEDIR4C95RI03QW7FWJVOICAPPVSYK#11
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSPCENQUEUEHIERSAVE  Z01A11
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSRHIEDIR_SHORT12 0COORDER01
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSRHIEDIR_SHORT13 0COORDER01
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSRHIEDIR_SHORT14 0COORDER01
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSRHIEDIR_SHORT15 0COORDER01
BIWREMOTE0:11:27ERSRHIEDIR_SHORT17 0COORDER01
BIWREMOTE0:14:49ERSRHIEDIR_SHORT###########!ALLCHABAS01

Please help me folks.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked for locks in SM12 if any exists on 0COORDER?

check in the system at that what are all the processes running and also as you have said above, BI0/ICOORDER is the SID Heirarchy table. When this is not available it cannot complete the save hierarchy step.

If that table is locked by any other means, this step will fail.

NOTE: Whenever this object is used in any program which doesnt insert to this table , an exclusive lock is set.

Or else you can set a time delay for the IP for ex say 5mins(300Secs) or make use of interrupt process in PC in b/n IP n Hierarchy save step.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you checked for locks in SM12 if any exists on 0COORDER?

Ans:- Yes, I had checked in T-Code SM12 but didn't found any entry for 0COORDER.

check in the system at that what are all the processes running and also as you have said above, BI0/ICOORDER is the SID Heirarchy table. When this is not available it cannot complete the save hierarchy step.

Ans:- When this process chain is running there are no any other process chain running.

Or else you can set a time delay for the IP for ex say 5mins(300Secs) or make use of interrupt process in PC in b/n IP n Hierarchy save step.

Ans:- Can you please guide me how can I put time delay for any InfoPackage.

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

steps to setup the delay or use the interrupt process.

to set the time delay ...

--> right click on the IP (which is prior to save hirerarchy step) --> select debug loop --> enter there for ex 300Secs (5Mins).

even if the IP is finished successfully , due to debug loop of 300secs the next process will not get triggered. save hierarchy step will trigger after 5mins of the completion of IP load.

Next process is to use Interrupt process in Process chain.

We have Interrupt process in General setting area.

here you need to create events for the above process, event will check if the above process is completed or not then it will trigger the next process

Interrupt process will not work in your case .... use the debug loop option inorter to delay ur process.

Regards

KP    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there anyway through which we can find which particular object is locking the aforesaid table( /BI0/ICOORDER ).

I had checked in the SM12 but didn't found any lock.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please try the below points,

1. Please check T Code RSH1 and see that hierarchy in M state, try activating that particular hierarchy.

2. Also check if the timeout time of Infopackage in RSA1 and also see the time taken by process chain Infopackage load step to get completed. Process chain may fail when PSA load step takes more time than Infopackage time out time. Plese increase the time out time of Infopackage and try runnig PC.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Please find my comments inline for below points as suggested by you.

1. Please check T Code RSH1 and see that hierarchy in M state, try activating that particular hierarchy.

Ans:- I have checked in the system, there are no objects which are in 'M' state. I have re-run the process chain manually,perhaps this is the reason why any object is not in 'M' state.

2. Also check if the timeout time of Infopackage in RSA1 and also see the time taken by process chain Infopackage load step to get completed. Process chain may fail when PSA load step takes more time than Infopackage time out time. Plese increase the time out time of Infopackage and try runnig PC.

Ans:- Can you please explain how can i check these details?

Thing which is baffling me is why it fails at the first place when it is being triggered by third party tool and it run successfully when I run it manually.

I have even rescheduled the process chain but even then it is getting failed.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Double click on Infopackage in RSA1 and select Scheduler in menu options.

There you can see Time Out Time. Also check how much time the process chain took to complete that Infopackage load. Make time out time more than the completion time.

Please try and update.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Hope you are doing good and had a gr8 weekend. Sorry for replying late but it was deliberate as I was waiting for the process chain to run and follow the steps which you have suggested.

Please find my comments inline for below points as suggested by you.

Ans:- I have checked in the RSH1 and found three hierarchy in 'M' state.

Ans:- I have checked the "timeout" time of infopackage and it is 7 hours.

Regarding the time taken by the process chain to complete it took only 3 mins.

Regards,

Manish

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hey i'm not talking about the timeout setting that we set for IP in infopackage screen.

I'm talking about how to delay the next process in PC once the above process is completed.

Inorder to find out where all the areas your hierarchy is used, run a where used list and check where its being used.

Did you checked the option debug loop in PC and check if you this helps or not?    

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Hope you are doing good.

I have observed that process chains fails because it is not able to change the status of objects from 'M' to 'A'.

Every time the process chain fails it is the same objects whose status are not changed and this is happening every week.

Is this any kind of bug? What could be the possible solution to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

Please help me on this issue.

I had posted yesterday regarding the objects whose versions are not changing from 'M' to 'A'.

Anticipating for your earliest response. Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks,

Manish

sukdev_koner2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please just let me know what is process chain steps to load InfoObject '0COORDER'.

Like Master data attribute -> text load -> Hier load etc.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukdev,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

'0COORDER' is loaded in below order.

Master Data Text -> Hierarchy.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please help me. This is a urgent issue for me.

Thanks,

Manish