cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy precautions for BW systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to do system copy for BW 3.5 system.i will be using the standard installation using sapinst tool with R3load bases method.We have to do go for an upgrade to BW 7.3.Kindly let me know the pre-checks that has to be done before system export and after import.Additionally let me know the exact guides for this

DATABASE:ORACLE 9.2.0.8

SAP NETWEAVER 2004 VERSION

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check following OSS Notes to have more info about BW System Copy:

886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW

1333302 - Special procedure for BW system copy

Regards

Leo Capasso

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks leo and vishal,I have taken the export and done the import.Now the system is having oracle 11.2.0.,and we are getting an error while doing the pre-checks for upgrade.

While checking for the PSA consistency through the Transaction code RSRV, we are getting the following error message saying that the "PSA tables are not partitioned in the database."

Kindly provide the help on how to resolve this error.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

I guess you have not run Report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL and copy the results in either install dir of your target server or in case of oracle it should be copied to export_dump/DB/ORA.

If you have done this, have you ran RS_BW_POST_MIGRATION in the migrated system?

This is very important in BW system migration.

The non-standard database objects (mainly BW objects) which were identified on the source system

and are recreated and imported into the target system,

Before running this, you have to Connect all data source systems to the migrated system.

The data source system connection can be checked in transaction RSA1.

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I have not run that report and i have done the source system connection to Ecc systems.Is there anything that has to be run before taking export with running the  Report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL.

Let me know what can be done to avoid the PSA error.....

Should i do the system copy again? or any method to avoid these errors

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not run this report, I strongly suggest you to go for system copy once again...

Please follow SAP Note 771209.

I recommend you to go through the guide mentioned by me in my first reply..

Cheers,

Vishal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You have guided me in the right path.I have done the system copy for BW3.5 system  as per the guide and the SAP note given by you.

Thanks for your valuable support

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know that

Keep it up..

Cheers,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the following Guide:-

"Homogeneous and  Heterogeneous System Copy for  on SAP Web Application Server ABAP 6.40 SR1"

Path:-

http://service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver 2004  --> Installation  --> SAP Web AS  --> SAP Web AS 6.40 SR1 and Related Documentation --> Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP Web AS 6.40 SR1

To start with, if you are going for R3load Sys Copy method,

it requires 10% of total DB size for the export Dump (Ideally it should be on local disk, avoid using NFS ).

For oracle, you specially take care of PSAPTEMP tablespace, make sure you can extend this to size of your largest table..

You will get Rest of the pre-requistes from the Guide.

Cheers,

Vishal