cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have to schedule a batch job for process chains which are already in our production server. I dont have change access to it. Now i am asked to schedule the process chains weekly. Can anyone advise the way to do without change access directly in rspc or sm37. This is very urgenbt. Pls help.

Thanks

Shruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shruthi,

As Pawan said there is no straight forward method to start the chain without proper access on weekly basis. However you can use FM - RSPC_API_CHAIN_START to jump start the process chain. Goto SE37, enter RSPC_API_CHAIN_START and press TEST button (F8), this will take you to another screen where you can enter your process chain name and run them. This will lead to schedule screen which you see during job creations in SM36. Through that you can start immediately or schedule it periodically.

But I would suggest you to get appropriate access instead of the above jumpstart method.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

As you mentioned job is already in production system,  you can schedule the job in weekly basis.

Go to SM37 and find the proces chain job that you want to schedule, the job will be in release status, change it to schedule by selection the job and click job button from header and select release --> schedule, then again select the job and click release icon, then you will get next screen there you can select to run the job in weekly basis.

if the job is already in finished status, then copy the job, then the job will be in schedule status, then select the job and release as mentioned in above step.

If the process chain job is not scheduled/released already, then then goto RSPC ( as you mentioned you dont have change access, but you may have display to RSPC) and execulte the job, goto SM37, you will find the job in active status(running) if process chain is in immediate run status, other wise job will be in release status, then select the job and follow above mentioned steps.

Please let me know if you get confused on the steps.

Br / Kishore

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

I don't think this would be possible. If you don't have change auth, either you need to get it or otherwise you could ask someone else who has the auth to do it for you. Check with some BW guys, they might have it.

Only activation might have been possible through some report in my guess, but since you also need to put in the schedule of the chain, someone with change access only can do this in the start step of the process chain.

Thanks - Pawan