cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not being sent for PSS on GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I tried to reset password for user using PSS in AC10 it is giving a success message and also the password has changed in backend system but no mail is being sent with the password to the end user.I am not even able to trace the mail through SCOT as these mails don't use SCOT for sending mails.

For all other Access requests mails are being sent perfectly fine.I am on SP7 and the same works on my Dev system and I checked all the config between both systems and they look the same.

I am really stuck trying to troubleshoot this issue,any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Note 1668187 - UAM: In Password Self-Service Mail is not generated

See if the above note helps.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ajesh.I already checked this note and it was already implemented in my system.

This is what is bugging me nothing seems to be working to fix this issue.I opened a note with SAP and let me see what they say.Will post back with their reply.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

The issue was with the Maintain text for Custom Notifications.I thought I created a custom text in SE61 and updated it in SE61 but the custom text was not created so the system couldn't send the mails.Just figured it out and fixed it .

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday / Ajesh

In which system do we need to Maintain test for custom Notification through SE61. . Is it in the GRC system or backend R/3 system??

Note 1668187 - UAM: In Password Self-Service Mail is not generated

As per this SAP-Note..

1).Login to SAP R/3 system.

2).Go to transaction SE91.

3).Enter Message Class name as "GRAC_WF_REQUEST".

4).Click on change button.

5). Scroll to the last message.

6).Enter message number and text mentioned below.

720   Password reset failed: no valid Email-id maintained for user id

7).Click on "SAVE" button.

Do we need to work on SE61 and also SE91 (Backend R/3 system as per Note).. What is the link between these two?

Currently we are on GRC10 SP06,am also facing same issue ..PSS Emails not generated..

Please suggest how to go with this.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We need to set them up in SE61 of GRC system.SE61 is not used unless you are planning to change the mail text which go out to users.If you haven't touched SE61 on GRC (looks like the case from above) then that wouldn't be the reason for your issue.

If you are resettng password using GRC is it actually changing the password on backend system and just not sending mail.If no then the issue would be with the config setting and RFC connection from GRC to backend.

Let us know your findings.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for the quick reply,

I would be ok with the standard text in the email notification..so i can ignore set up in SE61..

My issue is when i reset password using GRC  it is  actually changing the password on backend system and just not sending mail.. How to resolve this?

By implementing SAP-Note 1668187 - (UAM: In Password Self-Service Mail is not generated.) can i resolve my issue.. if so, i have a doubt ..

In the above note it is mentioned that i have to login into SAP R/3 and execute SE91 maintain "GRAC_WF_REQUEST" by adding a 720   Password reset failed: no valid Email-id maintained for user id..

When i execute SE91 in my backend SAP R/3  system i could not able to find "GRAC_WF_REQUEST"....But in GRC sytem -> SE91...this Message claas name is available..

My doubt is where should i  implement this SAP-Note is it in the GRC system or SAP R/3 system..

Are there any other alternative to overcome this Email-notification issue apart from the above SAp-Note..

Connectors ,and RFC are set down as required, am geeting email notifications for Fire fighter in the same system..So, no SCOT issue.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The SE91 change needs to be done on GRC system.These are very less number of notes which need to be applied to backend/plug in systems and SAP defined them explicitly in those notes.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

As suggested i have applied SAP-Note 1668187 - (UAM: In Password Self-Service Mail is not generated.) in GRc10 system.But no luck,after resetting the password user is not getting any Email notification of new password  generated..(But Password got changed)

I have maintained Email address of user in SU01of both SAP R/3 and GRC system aswell..

SCOT config is  perfect,user getting other Email's

Am i missing anything.....Please  suggest.

Regards,

Ravi.

Message was edited by: Ravi GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, Did u able to resolve this ?

I am facing similar issue .. password reset done succsfully in the back end , but not getting emails. All other email services are working fine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

We are facing same issue on GRC AC 10.1 system, SP level 05.

After provisioning it sends email to user with role details but no password in it. Tried all the options but no luck.

SCOT - Ok.

Any inputs?

Regards,

Jay