cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM58 - "Function module executed"

Former Member

Scenario: XI --> R3

In SM58 I have some messages with status "Function module executed"

What does this mean? Are the IDocs received succesfully in the target system?

Best Regards

Niels Færch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member

The IDoc was received in the target system.

I had a huge number of IDocs(about 60.000). I found a metod to find the IDoc in the target system:

Find the "Transaction ID" in XI and the go to R3 and look in table "EDIDS". You have to fill the fields: DOCNUM(make a selection range), LOGDAT, COUNTR(>1),STATUS(=50) and TID. The DOCNUM range made the search extreme fast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hi Sreeram

The error description is "Function module executed" as stated in my opening question.

Now that the Idoc hasn't arrived in the target system and not able to execute LUW in SM58 and not able to restart the message in sxmb_monitor, WHAT should I do to solve the problem.

Regards

Niels

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

can u check in the transaction WE02 and give direction as 2 for all inbound idocs and see its status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check in IDX5 for error description of the IDOC for the corresponding error.if you want we can delete IDOC and reprocess the same IDOC it is not an issues. we can do that.

Thanks

Sreeram.G.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram

My question is : Are the IDocs received successfully in the target system?

Otherwise I can,t delete the message without some consequences.

Regards

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO. your IDOCs are not reached the target system . if their is entry in SM58 means that it did not reach traget system and it has some error. you can find error description in SM58.

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a very good chance that the IDOC has indeed reached the target system...

Infact we had faced situation like this were we have entires in SM58 in XI (with the same status as what you have)....and the idoc is there in target...

To confirm that the idoc is there...check the TID in SM58 and make sure there is an IDoc with the same TID....i.e. if you have huge number of IDocs..if you have only very few ..you can easily verify by looking at content in WE02...

and then in SM58...choose the menu option Edit->Delete Entry

Thanks.

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

True, the idoc has reached the target in case of this status text (... executed)! Same issue here (13 years later!!), but I wonder why this sometimes happens. It seems that PI/PO is not confirming the transaction and tRFC of the sender is waiting for the confirmation forever.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is nothing in IDX5 on the target system. I don't think that there should be.

I can't reprocess the message in SXMB_MONI, because it has ended successfully. The outbound status on the message is "Message scheduled on outbound side"

I just want to know weather a can delete the LUW in SM58 or how I can reprocess the message.

Regards

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can delete the LUW in SM58. If you have authorization to do so. you can not restart in SXMB_MONI as it is processed sucessfully.

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check transaction IDX5 in receiver R/3 system for Inbound IDocs.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

It is'nt possible to execute LUW(F6) nor to reste status.

Niels

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from SM58 u will not be able to reprocess but if any errors reported in xi as u know we can reprocess the message

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it says that the function module have processed ths idoc.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try selecting it and F6 in SM58

Regards,

michal