cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select systems in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER -> RCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to select a system for analysis in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER -> Root Cause Analysis -> E2E/Host/System/Database Analysis.  I click on the system I want to analyze, but it won't highlight as being selected. When I click a button for type of analysis (ex. Workload Analysis under E2E Analysis), I get the error message "Please select at least one element first. ".

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

We are currently on Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SPS 28. I have used these analysis tools in the past without any problems.

Thanks,

Carol.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update...

Applied SAP Note 1671234  POWL -> Select ALL feature in powl. Although not a perfect solution, it did allow me to get the information that I needed.

Carol.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check you have all the required SAP_SM* roles assigned.

Second check all systems are maintained correctly in SMSY.

THird check they are refreshed in the RCA view.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaustubh,

I have all SAP_SM* roles assigned.

All systems are correctly maintained.

All views have been refreshed in RCA.

I'm still not able to select a system.

I sent a message to SAP for help over a month ago and they still haven't picked it up. I was hoping that someone else might have had the same problem and a solution. Unless someone else who is also on SM 7.01 SPS28 can tell me they are not having any problems, I'm inclined to think it might be a bug that was delivered in the last patch stack. I've used these tools many times in the past without any problems, so I'm pretty sure my configuration and authorizations are fine.

Thanks for the response,

Carol.