Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP not giving a confirmed quantity

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are currently using CTM to generate Purreq(Location B) and Preqrel (Location A). Then we are doing an ATP check the sales order at B is getting a confirmation quantity but in RRP3 we cannot see a confirm quantity agaianst the Purreq nor Preqrel.

Say this result is after CTM run and ATP

B                                           A

Stock (2,2)

Sales order (2,2)               

Pur req (2,0)                             Preq rel (2,0)

Now those quantities are the (Rec/ReqQTY ,Confirmed QTY).....now in the above scenario the Product Availability at A should show Cumulative ATP as 0 but it is still showing as 2 ...that is because the confirmed quantity against Preq rel is 0.

Now when we run RulesBased stock transfer using BOP...we have the following results.

B                                           A 

Stock (2,2)

Sales order (2,2)               

Pur req (2,2)                             Preq rel (2,2)

Can any one throw some light on what is happening ....it seems the ATP is not giving confirmed quantitties against the Stock transfers generated by CTM .

REgards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I do not see a number against your PReq or PReqRel in RRP3 (product view).

I guess you have not yet published the PReqs to R/3.

Publish the PReqs to R/3 (then you should also see a number against the PReq which would come from R/3). See if this helps in seeing the confirmation.

PS: Check out in SNP planning view. I guess your Preqs would be visible in Distribution Receipt (planned). So they are still not in confirmed state.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan ,

Once i publish the results to ECC and then run BOP with filter type as Sales Order,Stock Transport Requisition only then i get a confirmed quantity against those Preq .  Now the problem is ...we cannot transfer each time all the Preq that are being generated to ECC and then BOP right . Shouldnt it be like we generate Purreq in APO then run BOP so that they have confirmed quantity against them .

Regards,

Nick

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I have very limited knowledge in CTM, but let me still try to make some comments.

If you are getting "Planned" stock transfers from CTM, then you need to confirm them either using Deployment or you could convert them to PPDS Preqs. Only then you reach the stage of confirmed PReqs, you could use them in GATP.

PS: Comments are based from another thread some time back. If I remember correctly from that discussion, then "planned" stock transfers don't get considered in GATP. SAP had also confirmed the same (again, I hope I remember correctly).

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

If you want your supply elements to show as 'confirmed', you should run an ATP against them.  In some implementations where it was important, I have seen BOP run against STOs and STPrqs immediately after the planning run.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

I ran ATP the sales order line item is getting a confirmation quantity but the Purreq and Preqrel have no confirmed quantity against them . I have attached few screen shots to explain the current situation .

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Yes, you already told me that you ran the ATP against the Sales order..  However, you have not run ATP against the Purchase requisition itself.  This is why there is no confirmed qty against the purchase req.

You can confirm the Purchase requisition in APO by running a BOP.  Or, in ECC, run ATP against the Purchase requisition:  ME52N > select PurRq and Item, select Quantities/Dates tab, press Availability check button.  If confirmed, the confirmed qty field will be populated.  Save.  Now go to SCM.  The PR will have a confirmed qty in SCM.  Now you can run your Sales Order ATP, and the cum confirmed will include the PurRq confirmed quantity.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49 ,

Thank you for the help that really helped. Once i publish the results to ECC and then run BOP with filter type as Sales Order,Stock Transport Requisition only then i get a confirmed quantity against those Preq .  Now the problem is ...we cannot transfer each time all the Preq that are being generated to ECC and then BOP right . Shouldnt it be like we generate Purreq in APO then run BOP so that they have confirmed quantity against them .

Regards,

Nick

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

I wanted to add that ...when i run BOP with the order types as sales order and Preqrel...it considers Preqrel only if it is transfered to ECC ...if it is not published it does not .

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Now the problem is ...we cannot transfer each time all the Preq that are being generated to ECC and then BOP right .

I don't really understand this statement.  If you want your ATP's to be consistent, and you want to consider confirmed quantities of Purchase Requisitions for Stock Transport orders, then you should publish.  This is standard functionality.

Many availability checks are designed so as not to use Purchase Requisitions for supporting product availability checks, since these docs are created by MRP or by a heuristic, and in many scenarios they do not represent a realistic depiction of a future receipt.  It is not clear to me why you wish to consider these objects for ATP, but I will assume you have a good reason.

I suppose you could try turning off cumulation, but I do not recommend this, and I cannot predict what the outcome would be. 

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49 ,

Does that mean that we cannot have confirmed quantities against Purreq and Preqrel unless and until we transfer them to ECC . Why is it so ??? and if we see how RBATP generates Purreq and Preqrel . It generated confirmed Purreq and Preqrel with transferring the results to ECC.

The reason why i am asking this is each time we generate Stock transfers using CTM according to you we have to do the following

1) Publish the results

2) Run BOP

3) Then for next time delete the results

4) publish it

5) again run CTM

6) follow steps from first .

Say we want to publish only results for 2 weeks ...now according to the above scenario we will have confirmed quantity against those 2 weeks ...but is there a posibilty where we can have the confirmed quantity for the whole duration and then after that we can publish the results of only 2 weeks .

What we can acheive out of this ...we can safegaurd the inventory by confirming them and we can send 2 weeks of Purreq to ECC for conversion into PO.

REgards,

Nick

REgards,

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

I just re-read everything I have posted in this thread, and nowhere can I find the entry where I said

....according to you we have to do the following

1) Publish the results

2) Run BOP

3) Then for next time delete the results

4) publish it

5) again run CTM

6) follow steps from first .

I have only answered the questions you have asked me.  I must conclude that the necessity of these 6 steps originated from somewhere besides my statements.

I believe that the original question you asked in this thread has been answered. 

If you are now looking for a turnkey solution to a business requirement that involves combined functionality of CTM and RBA GATP, you might want to consider engaging a consulting company to assist you.  There are many paths that can be taken to solve business problems, and I am sure that a competent company could produce a pilot solution for you in just a few weeks.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Sorry for that statement ...it was what i assumed ...but the only thing i am looking for is . Is it a compulsion to publish the Purreq to ECC before doing a BOP to get confirmed  quantities against those Purreq.

Thnk You,

Nick

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

That is hard to tell...can you attach some screenshots maybe ? This would help to understand the issue.

Otherwise I can just recommend to raise a message at SAP so that we have a look at your system.

Thanks and best regards,

Michael

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael ,

Below are the snap shots of what is going on ..... I have entered an order for location 0008 which has no stock and is to take stock from 0020 and then did an ATP check .

Location 0008

Location 0020

Product availability of 0020 should show Cum ATP as 0 but it is still as 27 .

Product Availability of 0008

Regards,

Nick