cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set the Item ID like a obligatory field? (PPM 5.0)

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's;

I tried to set the Item ID like a obligatory field, but I can't do it.

I configured the follow SPRO:

* SAP Portfolio and Project Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-Dependent Settings -> Define Portfolio Types

Set obligatory the Iten ID (Technical field  MASTER_ITEM_ID), but doesn't work it's still not obligatory.

Someone can set this field like a obligatory field?

Best regards.

Mariano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

The technical field is EXTERNAL_ID. Configure the field EXTERNAL_ID as Required for the protfolio type.

Then Item Id will become mandatory.

Cheers

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano,

You would use the path you have mentioned if you want to override the settings by using certain activity type or for a specific portfolio type.

But if you want to make the Item ID as a obligatory field across all the portfolio types you would have to follow the below path:

Portfolio Management > Global Customizing > Global Field Settings > Define Custom Field Configuration Select object type RIH > UI Configuration.

I personally advocate scenario 2 unless special restrictions apply towards different portfolio's or different authorizations needs to be established for different levels of control.

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah please use technical field mentioned by Amit.

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's;

It has been set that field globally obligatory and in the Portfolio too. I delete it globally field and now It's working fine.

Note: The configuration doesn't works fine if you have been configurated twice.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano it works fine for me. I have used this by the type of  over riding to keep in sync with our auth / activities for the admin. In our scenario its not mandatory field for admin but for every body else with write access we have made the field mandatory.

Not sure why it does not work in your scenario. May be you have a single portfolio type and you are trying to impose different conditions (obligatory & non Obligatory) in both settings.

Anyways good to see your issue resolved.

regards

N K

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chandu;

That's right. I have a single portfolio.

Now it'w working fine.

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh there you go! Glad we figured it out!