cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling addtional fonts

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a NetWeaver 701 ERP ABAP-only system. I have Adobe running on another NW 7.01 system I created a report using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1 that generates a PDF preview of a check. I would like to use a MICR font on the check. I would like to use the fonts installed on the Adobe server as opposed to installing them on end users PC's. I followed the instructions in the document

"SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - Adobe Document Services" (and several posts) for installing additional fonts into the Adobe server.

1. I copied the new fonts in to the directory /usr/sap/DP4/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/FontManagerService/fonts/customer.
  2. I restarted the Adobe services as instructed in the document
  3. I restarted the cluster in hopes of resolving this issue

When a user runs the report in the ERP system the Adobe document is displayed and the MICR font is not used - unless I install them locally on their PC. 

The fonts were installed in the ERP system (using SE73). Is there any other work that needs to be performed on the ERP system? I've read some posts that talk about editing files in the /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/lib directory in order to enable MICR fonts. Is this necessary?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I answered my own question.

Once the efonts are successfully installed on the Adobe server check the following:

1.    Verify the new fonts listed in the file

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/FontManagerService/fonts/customer/ AdobeFnt11.lst.<hostname>

if the answer is YES

2.       Details for the following steps are in SAP Note 1565508

3.       1.)  cd /usr/sap/DP4/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/lib

4.       2.)   cp    xfa.xci    to    custom_xfa.xci

a.       3.)   Verify <sid> has 664 permissions on custom_xfa.xci

4.)      4.)   Edit the file custom_xfa.xci

5.)   Look for context block: <pdf> <!   [0..n]  >      -->notice that it is the PDF context block. There are several others fontInfo context blocks in the file, but you want to embed the font in PDF files

<pdf> <!    [0..n]    >

<fontInfo>

<embed>0</embed> <!   0 1   >

<map>

b.      Change the '0' to '1'.

c.       SAVE

Answers (0)