cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allow users to only view their own incidents and prevent them from changing them once created

cfb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello sap community,

i have a question regarding ssm 7.1. My keyusers are only able to see the necessary menus in Web_ui (Solution Manager - IT-Servicemanagement / CRM_UI) to create incidents and search for incidents.

Yet they are able to search for all incidents available. (by providing no specific search paramaters)

They are also able to open incidents of other keyusers and are able to change basically everything within. (Priority, Service team, status,...) Only Helpdesk users should be able to change .. lets say priority after an incident has been created.

How can I accomplish the following objectives:

a) Deny them the ability to change priority and pretty much everything else once the incident has been created?

b) performing a search that allows them to see other peoples incidents, just the ones created by themselves (maybe by forcing a certain filter that only allows      them to search for incidents "created by me" ?)

any advice on this topic is highly appreciated

regards

CB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRM UI should not be used by end-user - only by message processors.

All details about it you can find here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3154720

So your end-user should use workcenter because there is no possibility to restrict access in CRM UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

since it has been a few years, is there still no way to achieve the objectives mentioned above?

Thanks!

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias!

Do you interested in the two questions which were mentioned by the author?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am!

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias!

As for the first question. There is standard business role SOLMANREQU which provides different interfaces for creation and editing incident.

Also, this business role provides a report which shows only those incidents which users create themselves.

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

is it also possible to customize the role SOLMANREQU in a way, that users with this role can search for all available incidents, but without the possibility to edit these incidents?

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

yes, you can copy this business role and change it. I didn't add the search of all incident to this BR.

We did it in another way according to our requirements.

Authorization objects can help you to allow them only view incident of other users.

For example, I added CRM_ORD_OP (ACTIVT = 02, 03) and CRM_ORD_PR (ACTVT = 01, 03) to my role.

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Julia! CRM_ORD_OP and CRM_ORD_PR did the trick! Unfortunately I cannot reward any points.

Regards

Tobias

cfb
Participant
0 Kudos

but I can

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias, you are welcome!

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian, thank you a lot!!!

Julia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CB, I'll be following this thread because I have the same requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try using authorization object CRM_TXT_id for restricting the access.

hope it helps.

Thanks,

Subhashini