Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1 - MBO Synchronization parameter + query limiting propagation

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm doing a native app for iPad with SAP as a backend.

I have one MBO with material master data. I need to filter this data during synchronization time by one of it's attributes (MATERIAL_GROUP), but MATERIAL_GROUP filter can have multiple values. (i.e. I want to filter all the materials which material group is 1, or is 2, or is 3, but ignore the rest...)

To solve this I've created a configuration table in SAP, with 2 columns. USERNAME and MATERIAL_GROUP. From this table I've created another MBO and added the field USERNAME as a synchronization parameter.

Then I tried to create a link between the MATERIALS MBO and this USER FILTER MBO, but it's an N:M relationship so I couldn't do this in Sybase Workbench. To solve this problem I've added an intermediate MBO with the list of MATERIALS GROUPS, you can see my scenario here (ignore the warning icons, its just a reduced MBO from my real scenario):

Now, when I synchronize the data, the table USER_FILTER only downloads the specified PK_USERNAME rows, but the rest of the tables are still downloading all the data even they have a bi-directional relationship...

How do you think I can solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved by me deleting the relationships and creating a customized download synchronizaton query with a subquery from the USER_FILTER MBO

Answers (0)