cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Gui Scripting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I am trying to connect to SAP via Excel. The connection works fine on Sap gui 710 but does not display any systems to connect to when upgraded to 720. One reason for this is the location of saplogon.ini file. In Win XP, the default location is C:\Windows while in Win 7 the file is stored within the user profile. When I copied the file in C:\Windows, I am able to view all the systems to connect to through excel. Hence I am thinking changing the path to new location of .ini file could solve the issue. Hence I like to know where is this path set in scripting? Is it somewhere I could set in the saplogon pad or through a registry? Could anyone help?

Thanks

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I imagine the windows environment variable "SAPLOGON_INI_FILE" should help you

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea! Yes, I can have the environment variable set that can force the ini file to be stored in C:\Windows on Win 7 and get picked up from there. But is there a way where I can set the path to default <user profile> location on Win 7 in a way that scripts can pick up the new location. Not sure if there is any path setting specific to scripts. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you're welcome

i'm not sure to understand. in win xp when you use the variable %USERPROFILE% it points to C:\Documents and Settings\Divya.Sridharabalan , so you could state in the scripts "set SAPLOGON_INI_FILE=%USERPROFILE%\SapWorkDir\mysaplogon.ini"

what do you think?