Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Flow with Correct Links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know the Function Module that is called when you view a document flow from a sales order from VA03. My requirement is to be able to match up variaous document types to their coresponding entry, so for example, in the screen shot VA03, I can see what delivery relates to that order, what invoice and inter-company relates to that delivery, what accounting document hangs off that invoice and intercompany and what cancellations hangs off that invoice and intercompany.

However, if I use Function Module SD_VBFA_SELECT, I only can see the documents, but I can't see where they hang together.

Does anyone know where I can find the FM that show's the correct flow?

Many Thanks,

Colm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Thanks for your help, I found the FM I require. SD_DOCUMENT_FLOW_GET gives me the flow of the documents and links them correctly to their preceeding documents in way that allows me to process them.

Thanks for your help

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

VBFA is the document flow table for SD.  One looks forward only in this table; you can go from inquiry to quote to sales doc to delivery to invoice here by looking from a starting document and getting the next document, based on the document types (coded in VBFA).  For backward reads, look at the previous document item fields in table VBRP (back to sales and delivery, for example ), LIPS (back to sales), and VBAP (back to prior document).    Prior docs/items/types are typically named alike, like

VBRP-VBELV,POSNV, VGBEL,VGPOS,VGTYP, AUBEL,AUPOS,AUREF, for example.

SD document flow is a sorted and formatted display of VBFA.  To see how it works, find a sales order that is delivered and invoiced, the get all rows from VBFA where the preceding document is the sales order, using SE11 or SE16.

0 Kudos

So am I to take it from this that what you are suggesting is that rather than reading the whole document flow as one thing, you have to read each individual document and see what it's follow on documents are, and then for those follow on documents, see what their follow on documents are?

Is this really what VA03 does?

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with FM 'RV_ORDER_FLOW_INFORMATION', give the Sales order details in VBCO6. it will give the details in VBFA_TAB.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice but unfortunatly when I filled the COMWA structure with my order details the table VBFA_TAB just gave me back more information on my order but not the structured list of follow on documents.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check on the entries displayed, it will list on all the document flow documents, the standard VA03 uses the same function module, and filters some entries and display in output.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Thanks for your help, I found the FM I require. SD_DOCUMENT_FLOW_GET gives me the flow of the documents and links them correctly to their preceeding documents in way that allows me to process them.

Thanks for your help