cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible SAP IdM installation scenarios (mixed types)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

We tried to install an IdM-system with the following server config:

Server 1 (Windows 2008 R2):

MC, RC, VDS

Server 2 (Solaris - Netweaver 7.0):

IDM - UI

Server 3 (MSQL 2008):

IDM - DB

Because of the Netweaver Version 7.0 on "Server 2" we cannot use IDM Version 7.2.

Is it possible to:

1. Run IDM 7.2 on a Netweaver Version 7.0

2. Run IDM < 7.2 on  Windows Server 2008 (We encountered problem with the installation script "mxmc.install" - VB-Script)

3. Run our whole IDM System in mixed mode like:

MC, RC, VDS, DB (7.2), UI (<7.2)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Run IDM 7.2 on a Netweaver Version 7.0

Yes, I believe so. I know it does work on 7.01.

2. Run IDM < 7.2 on  Windows Server 2008 (We encountered problem with the installation script "mxmc.install" - VB-Script)

Yes, you can.  There are some issues with the script.  Look at my blog entry for some tips on getting around this.

3. Run our whole IDM System in mixed mode like:

MC, RC, VDS, DB (7.2), UI (<7.2)

Yes.  I believe if you look in the central note for 7.2 it will recommend not installing IDM on the same server as your NetWeaver server, but I think it's ok for DEV type environments.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank your for your reply. We are not totally sure about the right scenario. Maybe we'll try the first scenario. Does anybody else have some experience about major problems or the right procedure of implementing an IDM system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andr,

On SQL server, putting everything on the same server makes things easier, and as Matt says for DEV/TST and even small production systems- in my opinion, this is OK.

On Oracle, with the JDBC drivers and client requirements, we found a single host tricky.

IdM 7.1 will run on SQL 2008 and we've had it running, but again the script needed some tweaking - from memory we used the xinstall script.

Hope this is helpful,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply. We tried the IdM version 7.2 and this script still has a similar problem (like IdM 7.1). We'll try to optimize this script in the next week and hope that this will work. It's strange that this problem still exists within two versions of SAP IdM. It seems that installing IdM is impossible without own script optimization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact problem with the script in the IdM 7.2 version?

The VB script password capture function is now replaced by a standalone utility which is no longer depending on the system library that was removed by Microsoft in Server 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't know what the exact problem is. The script could not process the entered passwords. We assume that there is problem with special characters, but we could not figure it out. Afterwards, we've tried to execute the SQL statements manually via the SQL Server Management studio and it worked.