cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP and FM Integration Required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

In MM and SD we can budget and do budget control also.

In PP is it really required? May be To Track Semi-Finished Consume and COGM,  GL<> Commitment Item?

- Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Excuse me Nilesh, but if you said:

In PP is it really required?

I think you must ask that question to your customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Actually I wanted to clarify the concept. That why Semi finished goods need to be budgeted as already in MM - Raw Material is budgeted.? And also Finished Goods Commitment Item budget is getting increased, i.e; in Available amount of finished goods.

Ultimately why finished goods required to be tracked through BUDGETING?

- Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

In ideal situation, the commitment for settlement/result analysis accounts should offset the commitments of semi finished and finished goods. In other words, you either track both consumptions and settlements or not to track both.

To address you question regarding sales order. I believe in OFUP, you did not check 'Deactivate Update' in the section Sales Order Integration. This creates a kind of 'make-to-order' scenario. The commitment item you entered in the sales order serves both as consumption and settlement. I would  flag the 'Deactivate Update' indicator in OFUP and NOT enter any commitment item in sales order line items. This will allow system pick the right commitment items for COGS and sales account during shipping and billing based on FMDERIVE.

Regards,

Ming 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Minghong Ji,

Thanks a lot.

Exactly same thing i was thinking. I did the same thing in OFUP.
After that I did not input any FM Assignments in sales order and at Billing
stage Commitment Item for Domestic sales is required by the system. But at PGI
stage i.e; before billing no COGS account was asked to derive Fund Center. I
have not mentained Fund Center in FMDERIVER for COGS.

What i can analyse is that, i am missing the derivation rule for
Sales & Distribution (S&D) in FMDERIVE. Can you please guide on what
rule i need to set for COGS only and not to consider revenue commitment items
for S&D integration?

And as you said after 'Deactivate Update' in OFUP it creates the
kind of 'make-to-order' scenario. So how to budget 'make-to stock' scnario
then?

- Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Minghong Ji,

I was seeing the rules for SD Integration in FMDERIVE. There are 2 relevant "Function Modules".  1) FMDT_READ_ORDER_SD_FROM_FMZUOB Read Sales Distribution Order  and  2)  FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER_SD_ITEM Read SD Order Item Master Data.

In first Function Module System reads FM account assignments through SD documents. And in second Function Module System reads Profit Center through SD Document Line Items.

Now I need to Mentain "Derivation Rule" to assign Profit Center and Fund Center/Fund. Here I am confused to set rule as "Profit Center & Cost Center to Fund Center & Fund" or "Cost Center to Profit Center, Fund Center & Fund"?

Please confirm if my logic is wrong. And sugest the "Derivation Rule"?

- Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

First of all, just want to clarify that the scenario is 'make-to-order' when the flag 'Deactivate Update' is NOT set. Since your process seems to be 'make-to-stock', you need to set that flag. That way, sales orders are not FM objects, meaning they do not create commitments. They will create Actuals at shipping and billing (just like simple FI postings).

Now let's discuss how to derive FM account assignment. You have two options: 1. manually enter FC and Fund on sales order line item but leave CI blank; 2. enter a CO object on sales order line item but do not enter any FM assignment. For option 1, you only need one derivation rule to derive commitment items from G/L accounts. For option 2, you need two derivation rules: the first one derives CI from G/L account; the second one derives FC and fund from CO object.

Now let's look at postings:

1. Shipping
DR     COGS (FM assignmnts will be derived based on one of the above options you choose) - this FM posting consumes budget entered at the address COGS/FC/Fund

CR     Stock

2. Billing

DR     Customer

CR     Revenue / Sales (FM assignmnts will be derived based on one of the above options you choose) - this FM posting relieves budget (or consumes negative budget) entered at the address Revenue/FC/Fund.

You should not hit any AVC error in billing because revenue/sales is a 30/2 CI and should have a negative budget.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

Thanks for a clear answer.

Just to clarify last thing, when you say in "option 2, you need two derivation rules: the first one derives CI from G/L account; the second one derives FC and fund from CO object."  are you indicating CO object a PROFIT CENTER? that is Function Module "FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER_SD_ITEM Read SD Order Item Master Data." and then I need to set derivation rule to derive FC & Fund from Profit Center as these are revenue postings?

I am asking this question because in the sales order we are unable to fill any CO Object but in Billing Profit center is picked up automatically through internal settings.

- Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

Thanks for a clear answer.

Just to clarify last thing, when you say in "option 2, you need two derivation rules: the first one derives CI from G/L account; the second one derives FC and fund from CO object."  are you indicating CO object a PROFIT CENTER? that is Function Module "FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER_SD_ITEM Read SD Order Item Master Data." and then I need to set derivation rule to derive FC & Fund from Profit Center as these are revenue postings?

I am asking this question because in the sales order we are unable to fill any CO Object but in Billing Profit center is picked up automatically through internal settings.

- Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

Since we are doing so-called resources related billing, we have WBS element on sales order line item. I would think you should be able to get the profit center on the line item. But anyway, why don't you create the derivation with the function module and the rule as you mentioned, then activate the FMDERIVE trace to test the derivation for both shipping and billing transactions? If that does not work, remove the function module and just use the profit center to FC & Fund derivation rule and test it again.

Regards,

Ming