cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Event BO in BOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing a strange issue. In BOP run, some item are getting processed with Business Event type as BO. In same run, same materials are processed with BE as "A" for other sales orders. What could be the reason that for some lines BOP are run with Business Event as BO ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi

BOP contains sales orders and STOs as well. But this problem is particularly observed on sales order items. Its happens in batch BOP.

OMIH setting for Plan is event BO and location master in APO also has event BO. But strange thing is most of the orders are processed with event A. But in rare cases event is BO.

That is what is confusing as to what may be the circumstance under which batch BOP picks BE as BO instead of A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ketan

In transaction SE38 run report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DISPLAY for the sales order items. On ATP II tab, check the Business Event assigned.

In my experience, business event BO should not be used for batch BOP of Sales Orders.

Rishi Menon

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Go through the comments from DB49 and Michael in the following thread. That should clear your doubts.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2107471

If you still have doubts, do let me know.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan.

I went through the thread. That thread is particularly about why Business Event BO is not getting considered during BOP.

But my question is WHY business event BO is getting considered during BOP. We do not expect it to be considered but it still gets picked up for few sales orders.

In same batch BOP run, for same products from same location, the business event is A, but in rare case it is BO. That is what is puzzling and we are trying to figure out, under what circumstances, is system picking business event as BO for batch BOP.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Please ask your ABAP team to have a look at the exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLBOP_040.

I believe some coding should be influencing the behaviour.

Business Event BO otherwise should only be possible in interactive BOP (BOPI), since you can specify the business event manually. But this shouldn't be relevant for your case, since you are seeeing the same BOP batch run having business event as 'A' (Standard hard-coded business event for MTS Sales Order) & also 'BO' for a particular location-product.

Also, you could do one cross-check on R/3 side. Go to the relevant Sales Orders (items) in VA03, and click on "display availability" button. You should see the "business event" in the next screen of availability check. Check if here also, some enhancement is done so that you see the business event as BO for some cases, while you see A for other sales order items. Reason for mentioning this is that ideally BOP should work in kind of similar way as the normal GATP check.

If you don't find any enhancement in your system, then based on the comments/analysis so far by you and other experts, I suggest you should approach SAP through an OSS message.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ketan

Are all of the items in your BOP run Sales Order items ? Or are there Stock Transport Order items as well.

Are you seeing this issue in Batch BOP or Interactive BOP ?

Check if there is a value of BO assigned to the plant in transaction OMIH in ECC. This is default when you create a plant, that might be getting picked up when you do BOP. Also, check the ATP tab in /SAPAPO/LOC3 for Business Event field. Its usually blank by default.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi

BOP contains sales orders and STOs as well. But this problem is particularly observed on sales order items. Its happens in batch BOP.

OMIH setting for Plan is event BO and location master in APO also has event BO. But strange thing is most of the orders are processed with event A. But in rare cases event is BO.

That is what is confusing as to what may be the circumstance under which batch BOP picks BE as BO instead of A.