cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between SAP ERP & SAP SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SNC Experts,

I'm trying to implement some business processes within Supplier Collaboration like PO.

I would like to know if it's possible to implement a communication between SAP ERP and SAP SNC without Netweaver PI/XI.

Is there any possibility for direct communication(transfer XML Messages) between backend and SNC without PI or any third system?

Thanks,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stephen,

Here are my thoughts:

SAP has suggested to use SAP PI/XI as the relevant mapping and the much needed infrastructure is already in place when you use SAP PI 7.X to integrate SAP SNC and SAP ECC.

Do you have any constraint on using SAP PI ?

Here a few thoughts if you would like to try.  You can use any middleware to integrate like webmethods (wM).

The Challenge are many..  you would need to convert a SAP IDOC generated and send to wM them generate a relevant ERPRON orRON XML and send to SNC box.

You need to create a new SIA that meets all the criteria to get your message flow going btw SNC <-->ECC. 

If you refer to the PO collaboration Message flow, you will see many such XML

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc70/helpdata/EN/8b/7ed748ee8d4f3b81ba5efc31eaa43c/content.htm

SAP has already given you a Out of the Box config for use.  I would suggest to us the standard

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MJ,

thank you for your answer.

In the meantime we have implemented SAP SNC by using the Netweaver PI.

Regards

Stephan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

SAP SNC is based on XML message and this XML messages can be coming from ECC or PI or any other 3rd party tools.

As of ECC 6.0 Ehp3 SAP ECC was not able to generate XML messages and that's why we used to trigger idocs and converting the idoc to XML we need PI system & mapping these XML messages with SNC.

But with release of ECC 6.0 Ehp 4 ECC can also generate XML message and this can be sent to SNc server directly without intermediate PI server.

For more inof please refer to below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc70/helpdata/EN/8b/7ed748ee8d4f3b81ba5efc31eaa43c/content.htm

Hope this will help you

Regards

Praty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening Stephan,

I'm currently working on the same topic.

Did you find an answer ?

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

as far as I know, the use of the NW PI-server is a basic requirement for SAP SNC.
We did not find any useful way to realize it without PI.
Therefore we have realized our PO-scenario with the NW PI-server.

Regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Have a nice day.

Thomas