cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption with SFTP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two projects where both uses SFTP for transmission of files.  One of the project needs to use PGP encryption/decryption.

As I am not aware of PGP,, need the experts inputs.

1. SFTP is secured channel, why to use PGP for this?

2. What are all the technical requisites that I would need to ask the vendor if I need to have a communication with him.

Can you give an example or reference on the settings to be used .

One of the vendors have actually given a openpgp tool to import the keys.  I am not sure what these keys will be used and where to specify it in PI.

I am although aware of the public key and private key concepts.  Please shed some light on this.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A nice starting point to PGP implementation in PI:

- a thread with a similar question

and   - nice how-to guides by   on this topic.

If you need general information on PGP, you might just want to read the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

Don't forget to rate or "like" the SCN posts and blogs if you find them useful.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The third party vendor has only FTP server and supports only poll mechanism. 

But he insists to have PGP encryption/decryption. 

I have couple of clarifications based on this.

1. Can we use SFTP adapter to poll a FTP server? I thought there were something called SFTP server itself.

2. Since we are going for third party SFTP adapter along with PGP encryption,  can we use those PGP modules in normal FTP adapter since the vendor supports FTP and FTPS.

My scenario is to poll files from FTP server and assume it is a decryption method where they will encrypt using our public key and we need to decrypt using our private key.

Regards

Anandh.B

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Can we use SFTP adapter to poll a FTP server? I thought there were something called SFTP server itself.

>>>>

yes you can. The adapter supports both poll/pull and push

2. Since we are going for third party SFTP adapter along with PGP encryption,  can we use those PGP modules in normal FTP adapter since the vendor supports FTP and FTPS.

>:>>>

Yes. The PGP module is like any other module in SAP PI. You can use it with the File adapter, JMS, mail adapters etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish,

Just to double confirm, assuming we have the AEADAPTIVE SFTP adapter and PGP module together.

I can use the AEADAPTIVE PGP module in normal PI FTP adapter and SFTP adapter.

Reason being is that I have two projects which uses PGP encryption where one will be SFTP adapter and another will be FTP adapter. (I prefer since FCC is available in normal FTP )

Regards

Krish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I dont see any reason why you will not be able to use it along with the standard FTP adapter and the SFTP one

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

On PI7.3 EHP1, can we use PGP encryption while sending a file as part of multipart HTTPS POST request?

Please let me know...

Thanks,

Chandra

Answers (0)