Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR Security

0 Kudos

Is there any possibility of assignment of a list of roles to a user's position ID in a single attempt rather then assigning one role at a time via maintain position T-Code PO13 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say list of roles, I am assuming they are either Composite or Single roles or combination of both you would like to assign to position. The easiest way to do this is to create an LSMW for transaction code PP02 to create AG relationship on position.

You can create an custom transaction code (ABAP development is required) to update AG relationship on position, this can be used for assigning positions / delimiting.

12 REPLIES 12

0 Kudos

By creating a composite role which contains all the necessary single roles for a position, one can add the composite role to the position via PO13.  Then, if the access for the position needs to be changed, one need only modify the single roles contained in the composite role in PFCG.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response gary but if roles list consist of composite roles also than in this case above solution will not work.As you know, composite role should not be embedded in composite role itself as suggested by SAP.

I'm just looking for possible way to maintain no of roles in position in a single try just to save the time that utilize in maintaining one role at one time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say list of roles, I am assuming they are either Composite or Single roles or combination of both you would like to assign to position. The easiest way to do this is to create an LSMW for transaction code PP02 to create AG relationship on position.

You can create an custom transaction code (ABAP development is required) to update AG relationship on position, this can be used for assigning positions / delimiting.

0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

As priyank said, you have to build a Z transaction for assigning multiple roles to a position at a time.

we have created Z transaction to assign/delimit roles to a position.

the Z transaction is built using transactions PO13 and PP02.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

0 Kudos

Hi.

I do not know about the ztransaction custom tcode. If someone can share the steps that would be very nice.

But i have seen simple ZUpload - BDC To load data to infotype 1001.

1) SE38 - upload a text file in a particular format with details of position id, and hundreds of roles can be uploaded based on position at one time.

2) sm35 : run the batch job after upload a bit carefully.  but it has been my experience that even 350 roles to be assigned to different users based on positions, can easily be done in less 15 min.

But one error, you can celebrate ? redo ?

Cheers

indu

0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Check with your developer on how to develop the code.

Developing a  Z transaction using PO13 or PP02 OR develop a LSMW which would help you in assigning the multiple roles at a time.

this would not be much difficult.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh.

Thanks, I shall check that and see whether there could be a easier way.

While i have something else in hand to get things done - in the existing set up.

Kind Regards

indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction PPOME would do the trick faster than PO13.

0 Kudos

Thanks Wim for answering...I will try your way to do a check in this.

0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

SAP has not provided any Mass update transaction for the funtionality you are looking for.But as advised above LSMW is the best way to do this and it hardly takes 10-15 minutes.

We are using LSMW for the same via PP02.

Regards

Pradeep

0 Kudos

You could also use eCATT and this could be transported&tested in Dev-QA-Prod stages too. IMHO you have more control using eCATT.

Both eCATT and LSMW are not really to be used in production. Did anyone tried external scripting tools like Innowera Process Runner? For HR you could have A LOT cases where scripting is needed and LSMW is IMHO the worst solution for this when it comes to end users. In emergency cases you could authorize eCATT for (senior) end users properly, however external GUI scripting tools could be a even better solution for this. Just do a search for GUI scripting.

0 Kudos

Thank you Pradeep and Peter for bringing more information in this subject on my way.

That is helpful for me.

Regards

Girish Almiya