cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy asset data transfer - takeover value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are doing mid-fiscal year legacy asset data transfer, when we are creating asset though lsmw (as91) while running session the Expired useful life is not picked in those asset which have capitalization date in the same year in which we are take over the value. we have manually filled the value while session is running, the asset master data have been created by but the takeover value are not updated in those asset. When i tried to update them manually through AS92 the field for Cumm acq value and accum dep has been grayed out.

Can any suggest the possible solution.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to do a separate recording for these items which are having acquisition date in the current year. For those items, the details like acquisition value / accumulated depreciation etc. all are greyed out.

Therefore, do a separate LSMW recording for them. You will see a button called "Transactions", enter relevant transaction type (100) and acquisition amount. Your earlier LSMW will not work for this type of transactions.

Once you entered this, then the fields ordinary depreciation posted / unplanned depreciation posted etc. during the current will be opened up and you should be able to enter them. Please consider them while you doing the recording.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

In which transaction code we get the option "Transactions"?

Please let me know the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

we get this button in AS91, AS92, AS81 &  AS82.

Regards

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I am not getting the transactions button in AS91 & AS92

Following tabs only appearing for the respective transactions

AS91(Master Data  ---  Depreciation areas  ---- Takeover values)

AS92(Master Data  ---  Depreciation areas  ---- Takeover values ---Asset Values)

Is there any setting to be done, so that the tab will be displayed.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the take over and capitalisation date falls in the same year (in other words take over year acquired assets) - then you will see a button "Transactions" when you are loading asset legacy data through AS91

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

This button is available in takeover values screen, not on main screen.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Shankar,

Thanks a lot for your advise, was able to resolve the issue as per your suggested process.

Regards

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to Ravi & CT for the information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi thanks for your help!

We also have migration not in the beginning of the year.

But is there any option to upload current year assets as previous year - without entering tr.types.

In my company there are a lot of specifiс transfers (movements) between departments, so we'll have lots errors while uploading with tr.types.

I've tried to enter sums in fields: Revaluation posted + Ord. depc. posted, but the depreciation is not planned after this manipulations:

Maybe you can suggest something?

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am having some problem in the upload of current year acquisition. i have checked many threads and all said that i have to enter acquisition values in transaction table of AS91. but i only have asset value date, transaction type and book depreciation there. i cant see any column of acquisition value. i also have special tax depreciation which differs from book depreciation but when i enter book depreciation system automatically takes it as tax depreciation. can you please help me out here. how can i update current year execution in system. 

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

You need to do separate load for previous year legacy assets and current years assets.

For current year, you click on transaction button, then enter the transaction type and your net book value.

Please check OABD if your depreciation areas values are set to identical.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186064
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks A Lot Ravi,

I also had the same issue but I resolved the same with help of your post.

I was trying to post opening balance JV in the mid year but fields were greyed out in "Takeover value" tab.

I used option "Transactions" and resolved the same.

Thanks again.

RAM

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asset transfer date might be wrong.

Please check the date using below path.

Asset Accounting > Asset Data Transfer > Parameters for Data Transfer > Date Specifications > Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year

If the capitalization date is after the transfer date you'll face the above issue. Here you have to create asset master through AS01 and acquisition has to be done through F-90.

capitalization date should be before the transfer date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The takeover date and the capitalization date are fine, Capitalization date  is 01.06.2011 and the takeover date is 01.01.2012. And our fiscal year is from Aprl to march. Logically the legacy acquisition is falling in the same fiscal year in which we are doing the takeover.

Regards

CT.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you specified the last closed period for this FY?

If not mention, it is there in Asset data transfer node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we did, as per you advise in previous thread.