cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBJ to BW data flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a query actually if we try to copy over the data from BOBJ to BW or users how does the communication happen.We have a TCP/IP RFC defined at the BW end.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ambarish,

If I've correctly understood your question, one system will make RFC calls to the other.

Such calls will be transferring the data.

The RFC's are transmitted through TCP/IP connections, that goes through the gateway process of one system to/through the gateway process of the other system.

If that was not what you were looking for, please try to clarify the question.

Kind regards,

Isaias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Suppose the data flow has been triggered at the BOBJ end and it should be reflected at the BW end, in case it doesnot get reflected what should we be monitoring in BW and how ?

Usually if its from R/3 to BW we use SM58 i.e. TRFC monitoring in a similar case how can we monitor.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you are aware of the BOBJ reports utilize Universe connections to connect to SAP BW system. You can configure SSO or update service ID's on a universe definition. When a BOBJ report is executed against a universe, it  connects to source system in your case BW using the method specified in the universe definition.

To monitor Data transfer, You can check SM04/AL08 and look for the ID defined in universe definition. You can also enable trace or view SM20 auditing.

BOBJ-BW communication is not ALE/iDOC based so you won't be able to use SM58. Let me know more details about your scenarios if above doesn't answer your questions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the data flow actually happen if the data is being replicated from BOBJ to BW?

Is there anyway we can monitor.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all, it is not replication like between ECC and BW environment. BOBJ is not a datawarehouse. and it does not save any data permanently on the target system.

It is more like a data feteching from the source. BOBJ can fetch data from multiple sources including BW.

To monitor in BW, you have following options:

1. run SM50/SM66 in BW at the time someone is running a report in BOBJ

2. setup ST05 trace. to avoid large amount of data collection, set this trace only for ID used to connect from BOBJ/BW

3. You can used STAD analysis

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there is no monitor it unless we have a trace setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, In BW there is no additional monitor. In BOBJ CMC there are some additional views that will provide you additional details but thats all. If you are using Crystal reports, check under transaction /crystal/rptadmin. (This transaction comes after your deploy transports on source systems. Transports are provided under BOBJ Installation media for Integration Kit)

What exactly you have deployed on your BOBJ environment? Could you pls provide more details?