cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODI Vs BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This post is actually to get the comparision of BODI earlier version with new version of BODS.

There is a discussion going on in our project, where client wants to explore the features in terms of transformations between BODI and BODS.

That is basically on a technical note.

Can anyone please do help me on to get any references on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Abdulrasheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On a high level, BODI and BODS are just different names (old and new), one is Data Integrator and other Data services.

Which versions do you want to compare? The latest is DS 4.0 and the link below gives features and whats new with the new version.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_ds_whats_new_en.pdf

Thanks,
Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The versions i m comparing with:

BODI - Data Integrator 11.7.2

BODS - Data Services 12.2.1

Since i worked on new BODS 4.0 version, i have this attached document with me. Thanks for that Arun. But specifically i m looking for to see the differences in the above given versions.

Please do let me know.

Regards,

Abdulrasheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can get the product guides under documentation section in SAP market place. But you need user id for accessing the same. The link below gives the release summary, which is a brief of different versions.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi31211_ds_release_summary_en.pdf

Thanks,
Arun

tomas_jahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abdulrasheed,

in addition to the named sources you might also have a look at the Upgrade Guide here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir32SP1/en/xi321_ds_mig_cons_en.pdf

The "Why migrate?"-session highlights the major improvements.

Regards,

Tomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupeshsf0320
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul, 

The "Base_EntityExtraction" transform, added newly in the BODS 4.0 under Text data processing.

All existing transforms remain same, except enhancements to the following transforms.

Validation, Query ,Hierarchy Flattening,Data Cleanse, Geocoder, Global Address Cleanse, Match and USA Regulatory Address Cleanse transforms.

Lot of issues were addressed in the DS4.0. For more details refer XI4_What's_New guide.

Definetly the upgrade to 4.0 will help the business. NO doubt about it.

Even if client expects more functionality for the current business, you can explain the usage of Python script in DS, with which transforms can be customized to meet specific needs during processing.  Python can be accessed from the Match and User-Defined transforms.

As you already worked with DS 4.0, as per the client requirements present POC's on the DS4.0 transforms.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to share this information Rupesh.

I have to actually show a the differences between BODI 11.7.1, BODS 12.2.2 & BODS 4.0.

Do you have any details on this please. I knew there won't be any difference between BODI and BODS but to show them, will there be any document we have.

Thanks,

Abdulrasheed.