cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic cancellation of credit and debit notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

What i wanna ask is about cancelling credit and debit notes. Sometimes our key user may do mistakes while creating debit and credit note but they realize their mistakes after the accounting document created. So they reverse the accounting document but they forget to reverse the debit or credit note and this situation affects the customer credit risk.

So is there any way to cancel debit or credit note automatically after reversing accounting document. Or what can we do to warn users automatically to cancel the debit or credit note after reversing the accounting document. Need your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Muzaffer OZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So they reverse the accounting document but they forget to reverse the debit or credit note

I really dont understand this !!!!!!

In general, once we cancel the billing document (commercial invoice, debit note, credit note etc.,) in SD via VF11, automatically, the corresponding accounting document will also be cancelled in the background.

This being the case, through which T-Code, users are cancelling the accounting document alone ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesan,

Sorry this is my fault, I think i could not define our problem correctly. As you said, they reverse the billing document and the corresponding accounting document is cancelled automatically by the system. SD movements ( document that created via va01, credit or debit memo requests) stands in the system.

So can system cancel the debit or credit memo requsest automatically while reversing the billing document. Or what can we do to warn users automatically to force them to cancel the debit or credit memo requests after reversing the billing document. Need your suggestions.

Now i think i explained the problem.

Best Regards,

Muzaffer OZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzaffer,

As per this once you reverse the accounting document the accounting entries will be reversed,but the Credit and debit documents which you created in Va01 that will be in open status,so you need to put the reason for rejection to close the document,as I said in my earlier post.

Regards

Ram 

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So can system cancel the debit or credit memo requsest automatically while reversing the billing document.

First of all, if the credit memo request or debit memo request is created with reference to billing document, then the users cannot cancel the billing document.  Standard SAP feature is that if any subsequent document is there, you cannot cancel the preceding document.   Based on your comments, it seems, for those document types, in VOV8, the field  "Reference mandatory" is blank.  Assign "M" here and retry the process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain reason for rejection for those credit and debit memo request's at header level.Once you maintain reason for rejection those document's will not effect no ware.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

When do we enter a reason for rejection to our credit or debit memos?

If we enter a reason for rejection to credit or debit memos after reversal of accounting document it wont work for us. I may be wrong with my observation. Thank you.

Regards,

Muzaffer OZ