cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Composer: "Could not grant permissions to role(s)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Information Composer application. For some reason I'm not able to get beyond Step 3 while composing. This steps combines to data sources (in my case an uploaded Excel sheet and an Analytic View) but it's giving me the following error message: "Could not grant permissions to role(s) [USER]".

I'm able to view the database table and the Analytic View and to preview the data from the HANA Studio. I've also assigned the roles IC_MODELER and IC_PUBLIC to the user. The rev. I'm curruntly working on is rev. 25.

Hope somebody can help me with finding out what the issue could be!

Thanks for your replies!

With kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RonaldKonijnenb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martijn (and other gurus ;-),

Ever come across this in newer revisions? Facing the same issue in a SPS6 box.

Authorisations seem ok, IC role assigned, user has Admin roles and root access to packages/views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I honestly have to say I haven't touched Information Composer in 2 years . So I'm not able to tell you want the latest status is. Also can't remember whether a later rev. level resolved the issue or if I implemented some other fix. No recent notes available around this topic?

With kind regards,

Martijn

RonaldKonijnenb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martijn,

I have a nice usecase so I thought I dust IC off 😉

No notes. It is an access issue, but a very challenging one. I have sort of a workaround now. Will keep digging.

tx for the reply!

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martijn:

Is the same user ID used in information composer able to create a table directly using HANA studio? 

Check and make sure that the user ID that you are using in IC has all the auth to create / generate objects with HANA schema.  You can do this manually by using this user Id to logon into hana studio and try creating a table. All developer roles are needed for this user ID.

It appears to me that you may not have all auth for this user ID in HANA.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your reply. The same user is able to create a table directly using the HANA Studio. I have found another post that points to the fact that Rev. 25 might be causing the issue. Next week I'm going to upgrade the HANA database to Rev. 26 and will post whether that resolves the issue.

Here is the link to the other post: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3160067

With kind regards,

Martijn