cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running BEx BI Add on 7.X SP4 - on a 64 bit system / Windows 7 / Excel 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping for some advice please. I am attempting to run BEx BI Add on 7.X SP4 using SAP GUI 710 Patch 7 -  my system runs: windows 7,  64 bit, MS Office / Excel 2010.

When I start BEx and attempt to open a query I am not directed to the SAP / BW log-on screen as expected.  At this point upon closing BEx I receive the following compile error message from MS - Visual Basic for applications (please also see attached screen shot):

"The code in this project must be updated for use in 64-bit systems, Please review and update declare statements and then mark with them with the Ptr Safe attribute."

If it is possible to run BEx utilising the system  as detailed above what further actions are actions required?

Thank You,

Regards,

Mart Leepin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arvind_doomra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mart,

First of all you need to update your GUI 7.10 to GUI 7.20. GUI 7.10 is outdated and not supported by SAP.

Secondly you should make sure that your Office 2010 is 32 bit. SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 and all related applications including SAP Desktop Office Integration / BI Frontend / BW Frontend do not support Office 2010 64bit, only 32bit versions of Office are supported.

This means that when using 64bit operating sytems with SAP GUI for Windows and related components you have to use a 32bit Microsoft Office version.

Regards,

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thank You for clarifying -  I am running a 64 bit Office 2010 I may consider a re-install.

Regards,

Mart .

Answers (0)