cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy not sending field type FLTP in value is 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a abap proxy that was generated from a wsdl file. I have a issue with one of the field wich is declared as data type:FLTP and xsd:double.

The problem is whenever I get a value of 0.00 in this field the value is not being send by the proxy all other values work fine even if I change it to 0.01 it send the value.

Any ideas on why this is happenig and how to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Stephan,

Another option is to change the type of FLTP in the wsdl and put xsd:string. The value 0.00 is not interpreted like empty value for strings in ABAP enviroment.

Regards.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

This is a standard behavior for optional fields. Whenever you have an optional field, SAP checks if the value of that field is "initial", in terms of ABAP processing. Initial values are for instance: an empty string, a date of "00000000", 0 integer value or 0.00 float value. If you still want to send these values in your web service, I believe the only option you have is to provide a slight change to the .wsdl file manually, to make these elements obligatory. Only then SAP sends the initial values. For instance, if you have an example field in your webservice, find the following tag in .wsdl file:

<xsd:element name="example">

Remember that it might have more attributes, like maxLength or so. Then, add one more attribute: minOccurs="1" (or replace the existing value of minOccurs="0" with minOccurs="1"), to achieve the following:

<xsd:element name="example" minOccurs="1">

Remember to do this for each field you want to influence. Once you do that, reimport the .wsdl file into your SAP system and try again - the 0.00 values should be sent as you expect.

Regards,

Greg

P.S. Just for the future: use the other forum for PI that is recommended by SAP (here: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware) to get more feedback to your questions. I believe this is the place with more traffic, visited by more experts ready to help you.