cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Area on Role Level BRF Rule Creation

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a scenario were we use the functional area on role level on the 5.3 CAD process.

We need to move this over to 10 and I am stuck getting this varaible on "FUNCTAREA" working on BRF.

Has any one done this scenario on 10, if so please share

Regards, Melvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Please mail me your email addres to my account -email and I will send you screen shots, cant upload this to SCN as it's over 1 meg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

The SCN does not seem to allow me to send you a direct message to you. It seems I can only send messages to people who "Follow" me on this SCN forum.

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks we found a solution for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

What is the solution ?

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

We built a loop rule within the dicision table with help of OSS Support and it worked for our scenario.

Regards, Melvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Yes you can do this. Just ensure in the custom BRF+ rule, you identify the "FuncArea" at the Line Item level (i.e. Role Attribute).

Are you using a decision table to calculate the resulting Agent/Action?

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is good news. But I am unable to get the “FUNCTAREA” to behave the way we intend it to. When we define the table we selected the “FUNCTAREA” in the decision table and then added it to the condition columns.

I then drilled through the FUNCAREA into the element properties as it does not operate as intended when its default set.

I then tried all the options on the user defined properties selecting Add Comparison Operators … we get the users pulling through on the simulation but it’s not restricted to functional area as intended.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Melvin

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This rings a bell, please advise what you mean  --- > define the you identify the "FuncArea" at the Line Item level (i.e. Role Attribute).

Regards, Melvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Reading what you have described from your 'Simulations', it sounds like that it is working but returning more results than you expected.

In BRF+, you have to be careful how the decision table is defined, i.e. the order you put in the conditions (as it will return the first possibile matching condition) etc and if you have set the decision table to return all possible matching results.

You may want to check out the following link online and see if you can replicate the steps to create the agent.http://www.mariewagener.de/Notes.January.2012

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, would you be able to send me your mail address I want to send you a couple of screen shot, maybe you would be able to pick up my mistake quicker than sending it up and down on the forum?

Regards, Melvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply,

Would it be possible to ping up a screenshot of your BRF+ Decision table? or in a summary describe how you have set it up to work?

many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

I have not implemented this but sap delivered Point of Contact FM can be used to achieve this.

Also check the following discussion on this:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2043877

Regards,

Ajesh.