cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPEHPI START_SHDI_FIRST SHADOW NOT STARTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We're upgradind to EhP5 in Iseries, in phase START_SHDI_FIRST the SHD instance did not start or even write any logs in WORK directory, it also did not show any relevant errors.

We've already checked note 525677 - Problems when starting shadow instance but did not help.

Anyone has a clue about how to check errors because EHPI log and tmp files didn't.

DDIC in shadow system is unlocked

best regards,

Pedro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Do you see any logs STARTSFI.LOG, DEVTRACE.LOG, logs in DIR_PUT/../../work ?

Also, is worth to check shadow instance system number is correctly set in DIR_PUT/SID/SYS/profile, shadow port number is unused in /etc/services, auth/shadow_upgrade set  in shadow instance profile and run sappfpar check pf= <shdw instance instance profile>

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

the I strongly recommend to use the note 1702912. ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I guess, that you do not have an issue with the message server security ...

When you are using the latest EHPI, then we know errors, that there are no logs at all, when starting the shadow first.

You need to apply 214 of ILE_TOOLS and then repeat - then it will come up ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for you solution that think it solves the problem, however SAP gave an workarround, applying SAP OSS NOTE 1702912 - IBM i: collectSystemInfo: sid DLT ... does not match sid DLT

That also works.

Now I wish to apply ILE TOOLS to shadow system kernel but  APYSIDKRN doesn't seems to have that option, only for SAP original system.

Did you now how can I apply a patch to SHD system ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Pedro