cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null pointer error in Table drop down after EP 7.3 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are migrating from EP 6.0 to EP 7.3. Old WDJ applications has table UI with drop down by index editor. After deploying to EP 7.3 everything else works fine,

Except for this drop down in table column. When I select drop down value it fails with following error.

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.getParentInfo() of an object loaded from local variable 'nodeInfo'

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Paths.getNodeFor(Paths.java:609)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielements.adaptbase.AbstractAdapter.updateLeadSelection(AbstractAdapter.java:1506)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableAdapter._changeLeadSelection(TableAdapter.java:30516)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableAdapter.access$11800(TableAdapter.java:251)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableAdapter$Rows._setLeadSelectedElement(TableAdapter.java:22226)

Table data source is binded to a dummy node e.g. node A with (1:1 , 0:1) so that table will always have one row. Table has two columns which are directly binded to fields from other nodes (not data source node of table) e.g. node B->amount attribute. When we select new value from drop down select event is called on drop down cell which tries to find lead selection for table data source node A. As both node B and Node A has no connection, standard logic fails with above error.

In a second try, I moved node B under node A, with B having singleton property false, even this failed for me.

In a Third attempt, I created fresh application recreated first and second scenario, everything works fine there.

Then I copied all new context from new application to migrated WDJ application and it fails with the same error.

So this scenario works fine in new application but fails in old application. Has anyone faced this issue?

Regards,

Nitesh Shelar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I solved this issue. You must put in your Table -> General -> Properties -> CompatibilityMode the value "nw04Plus".

Regards.

former_member413959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

I have a similiar Problem.

How you solve it ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I created fresh application to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Nitesh Shelar

tim_braner
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

I have a similiar Problem.

Have you solved the problem? (It was in April,2012)

Regards,

Tim Braner

0 Kudos

Hi,

I created fresh application to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Nitesh Shelar