cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects Mobile for Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

I want to configure SAP Business Objects to Blackberry. What are the softwares required to install on server side including Blackberry softwares also and what are softwares required for cliect( i mean Blckberry). How to cofigure mobile and server?. and i need to do any changes on files?

I have alredy installed Blckberry Email and MDS software, Blackberry smart phone simulator in server machine. I am selecting Blackberry BES Deployment for mobile server configuration. here i have some doubts

1) what is the Blckberry BES Address? what i need to give it?

2) what is mobile server internal adress? what i need to give?

3) in authuntication mode , do i need to change the option?

4) for mobile database cofiguration, do i need to create any database manually?

please help me for above doubts.

while connecting to server in device, i got unable to connect to the mobile server error

Thanks,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

1)The Blackberry BES address is the blackberry enterprise server. this server plays a lead role in the communication between your blackberry device and the mobile servers. All communications go through the BES server. If you are installating simulation softwares on your server, then you can enter the ip address of the server ( where MDS is installed ). MDS runs on default port 8080. so make sure you change your tomcat port.

2)the mobile server internal address would be the server machine itself.

3)Do you want to configure using Windows AD authentication? If not, then dont change anything.

4) A derby database would be automatically configured while configuring the mobile servers, you do not need to do anything manually, unless you want to configure it with SQL, oracle or other db's.

Follow the installation guide if using 3.1 or 4.0 at http://help.sap.com

regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks for quick reply. do i need to install BES Software on server side and do i need to change VAS and VMS files and any other files in server side?

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

yes if you have a BES server configured in the environment then you need to take assistance from your BES team to get you a ip address and a port number.

If using a MDS simulator, then you can install it on your local machine or your server itself.

VAS and VMS would have to be configured accordingly.

did you download the installation guide from help.sap.com

This guide will help you install and configure blacberry in your env.

regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atul,

I installed Blackberry MDS simulator,but it didn't ask server ip address as you said. while configuring mobile server through Mobile Server Configuration tool , i selected blackberry BES Deployment and next i gave mobile server internal address as my mobile server ip address and VAS port no=11011

VMS port no=11711

i am confusing here   Blackberry BES Address,what i should give here BI server ip address or BES server ip?

in user guide Pre-requisites section i fund install Blackberry MDS only , i didn't see install BES Software on server side?

thanks,

ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

A BES server is an actual physical server, which is configured by the service provider. it has a ip and a port number which can be entered.

While MDS simulator is a software which acts like a actual BES server.

as you mentioned you have installed a simulator. So it will have the same ip address of the machine it is installed on, with a port number ( exactly like a actual BES )

So, now the BES address will have your ip address of the machine the MDS simulator is installed on.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

i installed MDS in my machine, so gave my machine ip address as Blackberry BES Address. and in mobile connection settings

Mobile server:my machine ip/bes ip and also i gave mobile server ip address

port:11011

cmcname:cmcname

authentication:enterprise

while connecting to server through mobile device, i got Unable to connect mobile server error

through blackberry device simulator,i got APP Error 104  

Uncaught: Remote Call Failure exception

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

you would have to follow the installation and deployment guide in order to continue the installation.

Changes have to be made in the vas.config and vms.config files.

Also, you have to add /ignore-error=104 /keep-lcd-on /app-param=JvmNobreakOnThrowable

line in the .bat file for your mobile simulator.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am getting error in device first time Unable to connect to mobile server , click dismiss and again login i am getting invalid credentials error.

i am following the user guide and one sap link

sap link is  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/How+to+install+and+configure+BI+MOBILE+for+SAP+BOE+XI3.1

user guide is

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001256052010E/xi4_mobile_inst_deploy_en.pdf

i have done same things what they given in url and user guide

in the url they given change VAS/server.config and VMS/server.config i modified accordingly what they given and deleted extra lines in our files

next step they given run VAS server and VMS server bat file while running vtauthd.bat file it will auto closing for both vas and vms

where i find VAS and VMS server in system to test that server are running or not and do i need to do any thing CMC?

Thanks,

ramana

Answers (0)