cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List variable in transaction not clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our MII version is 12.1.9.116

I distilled my issue down to a transaction with one string input variable and an XML output variable.  The transaction also has a local list variable and a local string variable.

I first clear the local list variable by assigning it to emptylist. 

Then I call another transaction whose job is to parse the input variable and create a list variable which it then returns to the original transaction.  I then use a for loop to go thru that list variable and stuff the values into the XML document.

This all works perfectly when I test the transaction.

However when I call the xAcute query form my HTML, the query seems to be caching values from prior calls. 

In fact, if I take the xAcute out of the equation and call the runner using http://miidevelop:50000/XMII/Runner?Transaction=zRadtke/TestListCacheIssue&pInputVar=A&OutputParamet...  I have the same problem

This runner call works correctly the first time I call it in the morning.  But for subsequent calls it keeps building up rows with data from previous runs. (see attached XML)

I have the check box checked for "reload transaction after execution" on the transaction call.  I even set the ResetState property to true and the StoreTransactionOutput and Async property set to false, but still have the problem. 

I run http://miidevelop:50000/XMII/Illuminator?Service=QueryCaching&Mode=ClearCache which returns that it was successful, but it doesn't help either.

In the System Administration page I see the following settings

- true

TransactionPersistenceLifetime - 8 hrs

I hope I have correctly explained my problem. 

Any ideas?

Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Have you tested with TransactionCaching set to false? 

One other thing I would suggest is to uncheck the box for "reload transaction after execution".  At one point there was a bug where the logic for that check box was reversed. 

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I unchecked the "reload transaction after execution" and it didn't help.

I don't have permission to change TransactionCaching.

Since my called transaction to parse thru the initially entered string and create the List variable used the "String to XML Parser" function, I decided to eliminate the List variable and simply return the XML.

This works as I intended.

That tells me that my issue is specifically with how MII is handling the storage of the list datatype.

So even though the list datatype makes more sense, I will switch to using XML.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Sorry I could not provide a better solution.  I have not used the List datatype as I usually stay with XML as much as possible.  This is mainly due to familiarity, but also as it is the native datatype for MII.  I seem to experience fewer issues, especially in the newer releases, with this approach.  Good luck!

Regards, Mike