cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate XML file from IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to have the XML format of IDOC.Once i am loading it into XI it will generate XSD and WSDL..are these can consider as XML files ..

and what is the exact defference between XML,XSD and WSDL..

Thanks in Advance,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sreeram,

When idoc is sent to XI the data is sent in XML format only..

and XSD represents the data types and message types and wsdl is for Messag interfaces..

You can get more help from SAP library..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a6/0e623c4f69b712e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

How should i get that XML file into my note pad..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After executing the scenario you can see the XML in "sxmb_moni". You can store that xml in your local system in notepad or an XML file itself.

Regards,

P.Venkat

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Goto SXMB_MONI and select the processed message i.e double click the Inbound message Payload then right click

the second window and click <b>VIEW SOURCE</b> and you get the xml in a notepad...

or another option is

click the Inbound message Payload click the WINDOW2 and you can same the xml of it...

Regards,

sridhar

Message was edited by:

sridhar reddy kondam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, As far as I know you can see the XML structure of an IDOC using WE60.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XML is an instance with values betwenn the <tags>,

XSD is how the XML-tags has to look like, eg. string, int and also the hierachy of the elements.

WSDL is similar to XSD. It also describes a structure. But in this spacial case it describes how a WebService can be called.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When an IDoc reaches XI system, the IDoc adapter will convert it to IDoc-xml format.

After configuring the scenario, execute it by sending an IDoc. Then,You can view this aml format under processed messages in sxmb_moni.

Regards,

Uma