cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest approach - SOAP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is one requiremnt where Client is using his 3rd party webservice in his network.

I have to call his webservice and generate xml file.

How his webservice will hit  PI 7.1 system.OR or what step we need to follow.

Please suugest ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a very basic question, you could find multiple results using SCN search function or google. For instance, check this step-by-step guide for a VERY detailed example of RFC to SOAP web service scenario: http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFCtoSOAP/page1.htm

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

No, I think it is not like that.

So my question is this, Will they provide us wsdl or we need provide wsdl to them.

It will be SOAP to file scenario .

How client will put the data ? Please suggest.

Thanks..

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was mislead by your statement: "I have to call his webservice and generate xml file.". Based on that I thought it was a receiver SOAP scenario.

For SOAP sender scenario, the procedure to follow is:

1. You develop the ESR part of the scenario for both: sender and receiver, including mappings and so on, as normally. You define the sender structure freely (still, probably in agreement with the sender), since you are the one to provide a .wsdl file to the client (see point 3).

2. You configure the scenario in ID, using a SOAP sender CC, and the rest of the objects as normally.

3. You generate the .wsdl file from the Sender Agreement object: right-click and "Display WSDL", then you save the .wsdl as a local file and send it to the party responsible for the sender system.

Let me know if you had further questions,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg,

You are gr8. Thanks for quick response. It will helpful for us.

Cheers...

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few cents ... Greg has already explained very well. In addition this is the main difference

If you consume other's webservice, you will create SOAP receiver and use the consumer WSDL as target message Structure. If someone wants to consume our webservice, you will create soap sender and generate WSDL from the sender agreeement and pass it to the sender or client to consume.

Hope that helps.

Answers (0)