Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automaitc workflow for emergency user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to define a workflow for activating an emergency user without external tools like business objects access control or else?

3 REPLIES 3

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your question. If you don`t use BO AC, then you still need some "application" that will take care of the emergency user "process". I know, because my company offers such a solution.

So my question is: even if it is possible to define such a workflow (I am not saying it is), what would be the control element behind the thing? Just a workflow could not be enough.

Maybe you can add some more details to help me understand?

Cheers Otto

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quick answer is yes. SAP workflow is a flexible tool and there are well documented BAPIs for managing user accounts. So it's not hard to create/activate emergency user. The main question as stated by Otto is how this process should work.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a user needs special authorization than he requests via workflow a emergency user with extended authorizations. After that the request should go to an change manager and if the change manager gives the ok the password of the emergency user should be reset and the user should be unlocked and the password should be send to the requested user via mail.