cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a project from PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already create a project and budget but now i want to delete it, but it showing error that project is already budgeted ,so cant't deleted. So i want to ask is there any way to delete budgeted project from PS.

Mukul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukul,

You may reset the BUDG status on this project via transaction OPSX. It also can be found under the menu path > Project system > Financials > Budgeting > Tools > Reset status BUDG

I think you would  get error message CJ055 when trying to delete the project. Please note that the standard system logic is that when you try to delete a project/its WBS element, the system checks for entries in RPSCO table. If any entries are found, then the error message is output and you are not able to delete it. Then you should perform instruction given by Amaresh.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried OPSX Tcode and select project for which i have to reset, but it showing that no object status found for change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukul,

You can only reset the 'Budgeted' status if the budgets have been reset
to zero. If required you can delete all existing budget (including line items) for projects and reset the status "Budgeted". SAP Note 1145955.

Regards, Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not delete until you transfer/ return the budget.

If you are testing in IDES, just for the sake of learning, you may go to CJ30 and nullify the budget & then delete the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

M tried to nullify the budget, but not able to save. showing error that limit is less then release. Nullify means simply remove allocated budget or something else. actually i have released budget and distributed also, so is it possible to nullify??

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your budget is over all budget or annual/ yearly budget?

Remove allocated budget at all levels of WBS elements & save it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you release the budget as well? In this case you will have to de release it first. Then return the budget. Merely nullifying it (making it zero) with CJ30 wont do. You have to return it. Then you can delete the PD/WBS from the system.

rgds

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the same, but still status in WBS is showing budged. and system not allow to delete project. I gone through OPSX to reset the status, but it not change any status.