cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run heuristic trouble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all SAP experts,

I am setting the SNP using heuristic method (i don't use optimizer and CTM method). I have a problem when running local heuristic as bellow:

I have 3 plans. 1001, 2001, 3001.

Plan 2001 receipt goods from plan 1001 and 3001. I have set the same transportation lane for both plan.

Stock on hand in all plan is:

+1001: 1000

+2001: 2000

+3001: 5000

There is a forecast result that in plan 2001 will have a new demand forecast; it is 4000.

So,the plan 3001 have enough goods to distribute to plan 2001.

But in the Interactive Supply Network Planning, i run local heuristic. The system always created purchase requisition with source is plan 1001 and destination is 2001.

I don't know why plan 2001 doesn't receive goods from plan 3001 (enough goods). And how to configure the system so that the plan 2001 will receive goods from plan, which have more goods to distribute.

Please help me,

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bui Van thai,

The heuristics will pick a source of supply based on the priority and quota but not based on the material availability. Please maintain quotas to explicitly influence the heuristics algorithm to generate proposals for the both the locations.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help, i understand now,

Thai

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNP Heuristics doesn't give an option to receive goods from a plant which has higher amount of free stock.

You have the following "fixed" options which you could use to determine source of supply in SNP Heuristics (in the sequence as given below):

1) Quota: If you want to specify what % of goods should be received or sent at/from a location. This will get the first priority

2) Priority: You could specify the priority of a source of supply. e.g. in case of T-Lanes you could specify the priority of T-Lane so that first the T-Lane with higher priority would be able to supply.

3) If Quota and priority are not maintained, then SNP Heuristics would consider the costs maintained in the source of supply

None of these options would be able to dynamically specify to send goods from a location having higher stock.

Heuristics is a very simple tool, and can use limited conditions like the ones given above.

If you would like to have the system consider available stock at a delivering location, you would need to look towards complex solutions like SNP Optimizer.

For more information on the determination of source of supply in SNP, you could check out the SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/da/8df3128121304a8dc1eef961a6d3a8/content.htm

Thanks