cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create dynamic fields at runtime on UI using FPM feeder class?

awin_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Please find my queries below:

1. I have already build up the field catalog in the method GET_DEFINITION and Configured the fields in UIBB using a Custom Feeder class. Now i want to add another field(column) dynamically at run-time (through coding only). Is there any option or possibility available in FPM feeder class?

2. I want to pass data from one Web dynpro component to another in FPM. What are the possible ways to achieve this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

ad #1: No, this is not possible currently in the FPM.

ad #2: If you want to pass data from one free-style UIBB to another free-style UIBB you can use the WD interface IF_FPM_SHARED_DATA as described in http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/floorplan-manager/blog/2012/04/05/example-how-to-share-.... Please refer to the FPM Developer's Guide in order to get more information.

However, if you want to share data between FPM GUIBBs you have to create, for example, a singleton ABAP OO class that contains the shared data and that can be accessed from all your relevant feeder classes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Have a look at the FPM developers guide. There is information in there on how to change your FPM apps dynamically. For example you can use the OVP CNR API (also for GAF and OIF) to make dynamic changes to pages, UIBB's, toolbars and more... You can use an AppCC to make a wider range of changes as well.

Even though I'm coding FPM OVP apps at the moment I haven't had a need to dynamically change the screen fields in a GUIBB, it can certainly be done though - if not then SAP's documentation is all wrong.   😉

Have a look at the documentation (FPM developers guide again) and in particular look at the parameters of the feeder class get_data method. This method has parameters which allow you to change fields and actions at runtime. For example... The extra field you want to show can be hidden initially via the field catalog, then at runtime you can enable it.

See Jen's post for details on exchanging data between GUIBB's. There are other ways as well, but the singleton class is so simple.

Regards... Jason.