Did you mean: 

Sync - Async Bridge: a Doubt

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Can you confirm if my understanding below is correct:

Sync System calls Asynch : Sync-async bridge to be used I understand

But for Async to sync , no Sync-async bridge is required and we can discard the response or do anything with it.

Thanks,

Himadri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just adding up to the discussion

<b>But for Async to sync , no Sync-async bridge is required and we can discard the response or do anything with it.</b>

we build async-sync relationship for getting/tracking the response. Say ur sender JDBC does an action in R3 and the reponse from R3 need to be updated in a file or a table in a DB then u build this kind of relation ship.

Ps: Award points to all helpfull replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himadri,

Your understanding is absolutely correct. You can just use a Synchronous JDBC call to update things in DB and discard the response.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Sync System calls Asynch : Sync-async bridge to be used I understand

Correct

>>But for Async to sync , no Sync-async bridge is required and we can discard the response or do anything with it.

If you dont need a response, then why do you go for synch? It can be a simple asynch-asynch scenario with out a BPM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks To all,

Jai -- yes u are correct. I was just wondering about the possibility in BPM considering that there are other reasons to use BPM..

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadri,

Technically speaking, what you said is correct. But, remember if you discard the response in a Asynch-Synch scenario you will get a errored msg in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Jai Shankar